Let's talk PET PEEVES

RickyMcGrath

10 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Negative commenters on youtube, well online in general move out of your moms basement you troll!!

Yup can't stand when people that disagree post nasty comments. If you don't like what the person is doing don't follow/subscribe to them. 

• Like 4

I have soo many...

Rude people: What's the point of being rude to people that haven't done anything to you?

Grammatical errors: I don't mind all grammatical errors because I find the English language is rather complex and can be used in interesting ways to create the same basic idea. It's the simple grammatical errors that bother me, such as confusing; your/you're(which is common on this forum but I'm not complaining ;) ), their/there/they're, etc...

People that talk with their mouth full or spit when they talk. Coughing/sneezing without covering their mouth/nose.

I have more but I also have a pet peeve about people that complain too much and I'm starting to get on my nerves :P

• Like 5

Like Jimbo, negative comments. Doesn't matter where but on line it ticks me off. That's due to the anonymity that the Internet provides be it YouTube, here, wherever. 

If I have a problem with somebody I 1) keep it to myself or 2) if I feel strongly enough I let them know to their face.

Thats the biggest problem with the Internet and social networking. Nobody knows how to talk to anybody. 

Also.......SUPPOSIBLY.

Its SUPPOSEDLY!!!!!!  There ain't a b in the darn word!!!!!

• Like 6

phantom stock at big box stores........hate going there for nothing cause it never ends up for nothing and I end up buying stuff I didn't go there for.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Like Jimbo, negative comments. Doesn't matter where but on line it ticks me off. That's due to the anonymity that the Internet provides be it YouTube, here, wherever. 

If I have a problem with somebody I 1) keep it to myself or 2) if I feel strongly enough I let them know to their face.

Thats the biggest problem with the Internet and social networking. Nobody knows how to talk to anybody. 

Also.......SUPPOSIBLY.

Its SUPPOSEDLY!!!!!!  There ain't a b in the darn word!!!!!

Definitly is one too. Definitely is a word, definitly is not a word. This stuff bothers me but I try not to comment on it because I know that not everyone went to college or had the opportunity at a great education, that is not to say that those people are unintelligent. Though I had a girlfriend that always wrote "your" instead of "you're" and I'd correct her every time...and she was an English major in college! 

I'm with you guys on negative comments. I'm sometimes respond back with a negative comment but don't initiate it. I've never understood the internet crap talker, then you meet them in person by chance and they're apologetic and default to "It as a joke." If you can't say it to someone's face, don't say it online. I am personally kind of a jerk in person because I have trouble hiding my feelings through facial expressions/body language. I've literally not said anything and had someone say; "You don't think I'm very smart do you?" ...They were correct.

That last statement reminded me of another one; using "Literally" when you mean "Figuratively."

• Like 1

Definitly is one too. Definitely is a word, definitly is not a word. This stuff bothers me but I try not to comment on it because I know that not everyone went to college or had the opportunity at a great education, that is not to say that those people are unintelligent. Though I had a girlfriend that always wrote "your" instead of "you're" and I'd correct her every time...and she was an English major in college! 

I'm with you guys on negative comments. I'm sometimes respond back with a negative comment but don't initiate it. I've never understood the internet crap talker, then you meet them in person by chance and they're apologetic and default to "It as a joke." If you can't say it to someone's face, don't say it online. I am personally kind of a jerk in person because I have trouble hiding my feelings through facial expressions/body language. I've literally not said anything and had someone say; "You don't think I'm very smart do you?" ...They were correct.

That last statement reminded me of another one; using "Literally" when you mean "Figuratively."

I'm guilty I suck at spelling sometimes and autocorrect doesn't help me lol. In real life I call people out on bullshit but generally online it's not worth my typo filled smack talk.

@knarlycarl I say should of all the time, I think it's a region thing I.e. The "Chicago" accent that I am so guilty of. Most people would say "where are you?" Not here, it's "where are you at?"

Or someone says you "you should have cut that 4x4 safer even though we wouldn't have been able to see the saw on video"

Most response for proper Ingwish would be, "yes I should have!" But in the land of da bears it comes out "I should of!"

Man I'm guilty of some of these hardcore!!

• Like 2

People who complain about those who make valid negative comments. if you don't want to hear what people think about your stuff, don't allow them or ask them to make comments!!!!

BTW, we would have been able to see the saw no problem on a safer cut of the 4x4. You just chose to not think about what you were doing. That isn't our fault for pointing it out, and to be honest, if what we say helps you retain a digit in the future, it was well worth the criticism.

• Like 1

People who complain about those who make valid negative comments. if you don't want to hear what people think about your stuff, don't allow them or ask them to make comments!!!!

BTW, we would have been able to see the saw no problem on a safer cut of the 4x4. You just chose to not think about what you were doing. That isn't our fault for pointing it out, and to be honest, if what we say helps you retain a digit in the future, it was well worth the criticism.

Mike in going to tell you right now, there is a difference between being negative and being critical yet constructive. This is respectful and great place where many people here I would call my friends. Was what I did safe? No but it did what I was trying to do and show off the speed of the saw, the video was not "how to cut a 4x4"

You've already made a name for yourself on these parts as being negative, nothing I did I have you worm welcomes but YOUR negativity doesn't offend me, yes I put my videos out there to watch and not everything is going to be a pat on the back. What offends me is your lack of respect for other members of this forum that deserve it for hard work that they do for this community. If you don't like us here nothing says you have to say, you can go join garage journal and debate with people all day long!

Peace, love, and #TIACREW

• Like 7

Lol silly negative noobs. This thread cracks me up.

Being constructive I agree is proper,for them to be an asshat/Dbag take that childish stuff else where.

We all know who knows their shizzle around here and im pretty sure we all got Jimbos back.

Back on topic of pet peeves most of mine yall listed,but I gotta say regardless of whether its a tool or some other item if you are gonna use it put the darn thing back where it came from so it can be found again. My wife is notorious for this,drives me nuts.

Everything I own has its own home and if its not there I start asking myself where did I put it? Im so compulsive about this sometimes I drive myself nuts.

• Like 1

Ok here is one I think we can all agreee with that I had the pleasure of dealing with yesterday...

Freaking security guards from various security services who think they are either police or have the power of a policeman. If they knew the law so well, then they would realize that placing that huge permanent sticker on my car is vandalism.

Aah yes renta pigs we call them here in Cali.

Most of them are total posers looking for a power trip. They put a sticker on your vehicle? Id be slappin' the stupid out of that guy.

I have great respect for real law officers thou,they have a crazy tough job and many of them are my former military friends.

• Like 2

Yup, put a sticker on my truck saying they are going to tow it for having an expired license plate sticker 4 days past due. Funny thing... My lease agreeement doesn't give them the power to tow a vehicle for an expired registration. Guess I need to drive my truck more than once every few weeks so i don't forget these things.

Jimbo its only my pet peeve, so I dont hate on anyone that says it. It's mainly my wife that says "should of" but I still love her. I am known to be a stickler about spelling and grammar, having been raised to be conscious of it, but I don't make a deal of it unless it's my brother in law lol he's terrible at spelling!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Jimbo its only my pet peeve, so I dont hate on anyone that says it. It's mainly my wife that says "should of" but I still love her. I am known to be a stickler about spelling and grammar, having been raised to be conscious of it, but I don't make a deal of it unless it's my brother in law lol he's terrible at spelling!

Should OF known

=P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

oh another pet peeve is when people breathe in the word yup.........

• Like 1