New 36v (18Vx2) Vacuum

marsh942

I had seen this months ago and had been keeping an eye out for it, trying

to be as cordless as possible really appeals to me. 6-8L capacity isn't great but it's not going to be filled from anything substantial (planer/thicknesser) but Im unsure if it's really worth it at that price point ($939). No mention of HEPA filter or of a plug in point for tools. Must be fairly powerful and being able

to be corded and cordless is great. Thoughts? 

https://sydneytools.com.au/makita-dvc860lz-36v-18v-x-2-li-ion-cordless-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-dust-extractor-skin-only

I never thought I would see a Makita out price a Festool! I checked the site and I don't know the comparative value of money in Australia as opposed to the USA but holy crap!!!! It is more expensive than the Midi offered by the same dealer!! I would say that the Makita is supposedly a fantastic machine and I'm sure it has its applications (namely unfinished dwellings etc) but that's a whole of features apron a whole lot of money. I wonder what kind of run time you would gat out of a machine like that?

29 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I never thought I would see a Makita out price a Festool! I checked the site and I don't know the comparative value of money in Australia as opposed to the USA but holy crap!!!! It is more expensive than the Midi offered by the same dealer!! I would say that the Makita is supposedly a fantastic machine and I'm sure it has its applications (namely unfinished dwellings etc) but that's a whole of features apron a whole lot of money. I wonder what kind of run time you would gat out of a machine like that?

The website says 30 mins on high and 65 mins on low for a 5.0ah battery. It's very appealing as I'm constantly in and out of a van, up and down stairs, inside/outside (you get the drift) for a lot of the time. Having something that I don't have to plug in all the time would be great but then to be able to plug it in when I'm set up for an entire day is also excellent. Hmmm.

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

$939 AU is Approx. $740 USD very close to Canadian/US exchange

Hahahahaha well Comp....when it comes here I'll make sure I send you one. Of course after the Mounties rape you on shipping and customs, you can use the vacuum to clean the mess you leave on the floor after you get the bill.......19 months before the vacuum arrives ;)

• Like 1

WHAT! I already think the dust extractors are overpriced for what they are, and that's even more than some of those at half of the performance, and none of the features. 

On DC it has 74CFM. On AC it has 127 CFM. That's pretty awful performance for $750. The Ridgid I'm eyeballing is 203CFM for $159. 

I'll keep the cord, thanks. 

• Like 1

Man Makita is crazy with their pricing on that vac as a bare tool!!!! I don't know if many people will be cool with dropping 400 bones not including tax for a vacuum like that!!

Makitas prices tend to be creeping up, they want as I believe I'm quoting hugh jazz here, a leg and a dick for their new cordless light set up.

• Like 1