Shop Your Way points thread

BMack37

I've been trying to tell you guys about how I ear points to get crazy good deals on tools at Sears and (rarely) Kmart.

Win It! app:

They added ads to the newest update. So what you do is turn your phone to vibrate, click spin and just set the phone down while you read through a thread or two(on a different device), by then the ad has played hit the "X" in the top right and you move on to the next one and repeat. The app is good for about $14-$24 every two weeks right now...if you select the right products. You get 10 products to pick, pick one from $1-$100, another $101 - $200, another $201 - $300, etc... Each $100 threshold is a new category and you have a max number of wins per category and they reset at random periods. I may upload the .ipa file for my pre-update version of the app without the ads.

SYW sweeps and doorbusters:

This is the most glitchy and least competently made website on the internet. Basically, the instant win games, when it works, occasionally pay out $0.25 - $1...about a year ago that would go up to about $10 but that's not a thing anymore. If you go through all of the instant wins you may earn a couple bucks one day, $0.25 another and nothing the day after...it's really not worth the time unless you hear something is paying out. Bookmark and check the SYW doorbusters thread on slickdeals(link below), check it a few times a day. Sometimes they post "secret" sweeps or surveys that pay out $5 or more. They also sometimes (not as frequently anymore) post "Doorbusters" a door buster is noted by a pink flag on the sweep picture in place of the "Premium" flag. Doorbusters can be anywhere from $1 to $5, they used to be more often $5 to $10 but now they're closer to $1 to $3 most of the time. I know, it's $1 but it adds up and it only takes a minute or two.

SYW sweeps link: http://www.shopyourway.com/app/2/l

Slickdeals SYW thread: http://slickdeals.net/f/7941115-shop-your-way-sweeps-and-doorbusters-discussion-thread

Using your points to get the best bang for your buck:

First you need to find things you are interested in and just search Sears or SYW. Knipex, Wera, Witte, Wiha, Kreg, Gearwrench, Ullman etc...limit your search to Sears, all of those items should be able to use both coupons and points. Items not sold by Sears/Kmart will NOT be able to use coupons or points so don't waste your time. Do not "Save for later" or add the items to your cart, the prices will rise after some time. What I do is create a bookmark folder and save the link to the item to that folder with the price, if I'm bored I will go though them and check the prices and change if there's a lower price. Also, you can use slickdeals, just search for "Sears" or "Kmart."

Points expiration:

To find out when your points expire, go to SYW and click your name on the upper right. If you have points nearing expiration it will under the yellow point value. The points from the app expire every two weeks, so if you have points expiring on the 9th, you will probably have more expiring on the 10th so just clear them all out. You can use the points until 11:59:59pm Central time on the given expiration date, this applies to coupons as well.

Other misc info:

Before you buy, check both Sears and SYW for the price of the item you're buying, sometimes the prices differ. Also SYW will give you a free "Max" upgrade to your account for three months then they extend it for whatever reason. Max gives you free shipping, Sears free shipping is at a $30 threshold. Also, each household is allowed to have up to three accounts. So your GF, Wife, dog can be a member. My dog is a SYW member and he loves buying tools! :)

• Like 5

Thanks for all the good info, I was looking for winit app after I read your post, but it was about winning traffic tickets in new York city hahaha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been trying to tell you guys about how I ear points to get crazy good deals on tools at Sears and (rarely) Kmart.

Win It! app:

They added ads to the newest update. So what you do is turn your phone to vibrate, click spin and just set the phone down while you read through a thread or two(on a different device), by then the ad has played hit the "X" in the top right and you move on to the next one and repeat. The app is good for about $14-$24 every two weeks right now...if you select the right products. You get 10 products to pick, pick one from $1-$100, another $101 - $200, another $201 - $300, etc... Each $100 threshold is a new category and you have a max number of wins per category and they reset at random periods. I may upload the .ipa file for my pre-update version of the app without the ads.

SYW sweeps and doorbusters:

This is the most glitchy and least competently made website on the internet. Basically, the instant win games, when it works, occasionally pay out $0.25 - $1...about a year ago that would go up to about $10 but that's not a thing anymore. If you go through all of the instant wins you may earn a couple bucks one day, $0.25 another and nothing the day after...it's really not worth the time unless you hear something is paying out. Bookmark and check the SYW doorbusters thread on slickdeals(link below), check it a few times a day. Sometimes they post "secret" sweeps or surveys that pay out $5 or more. They also sometimes (not as frequently anymore) post "Doorbusters" a door buster is noted by a pink flag on the sweep picture in place of the "Premium" flag. Doorbusters can be anywhere from $1 to $5, they used to be more often $5 to $10 but now they're closer to $1 to $3 most of the time. I know, it's $1 but it adds up and it only takes a minute or two.

SYW sweeps link: http://www.shopyourway.com/app/2/l

Slickdeals SYW thread: http://slickdeals.net/f/7941115-shop-your-way-sweeps-and-doorbusters-discussion-thread

Using your points to get the best bang for your buck:

First you need to find things you are interested in and just search Sears or SYW. Knipex, Wera, Witte, Wiha, Kreg, Gearwrench, Ullman etc...limit your search to Sears, all of those items should be able to use both coupons and points. Items not sold by Sears/Kmart will NOT be able to use coupons or points so don't waste your time. Do not "Save for later" or add the items to your cart, the prices will rise after some time. What I do is create a bookmark folder and save the link to the item to that folder with the price, if I'm bored I will go though them and check the prices and change if there's a lower price. Also, you can use slickdeals, just search for "Sears" or "Kmart."

Points expiration:

To find out when your points expire, go to SYW and click your name on the upper right. If you have points nearing expiration it will under the yellow point value. The points from the app expire every two weeks, so if you have points expiring on the 9th, you will probably have more expiring on the 10th so just clear them all out. You can use the points until 11:59:59pm Central time on the given expiration date, this applies to coupons as well.

Other misc info:

Before you buy, check both Sears and SYW for the price of the item you're buying, sometimes the prices differ. Also SYW will give you a free "Max" upgrade to your account for three months then they extend it for whatever reason. Max gives you free shipping, Sears free shipping is at a $30 threshold. Also, each household is allowed to have up to three accounts. So your GF, Wife, dog can be a member. My dog is a SYW member and he loves buying tools! [emoji4]

What's the win it app?

I'd be all over this but our sears have been clearing out tools for awhile now and what used to be a whole second floor of the store is now damn near empty. I would say probably 85% less tools compared to what they used to carry. as for online at sears it has to be the worst designed website I have ever visited. You search table saw and vacuums come up search vacuums and BBQ'a come up......

20 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

What's the win it app?

Here's a link to the win it app: http://cpe.sears.com/s/others/winit/download/

BTW, I forgot to mention how much I earn with JUST what I posted here, no secrets. Roughly every two weeks it's between $15-$30 in points, add that with a $10 off $20 coupon(which I personally get VERY often), and that's $25-$40 of tools PER ACCOUNT. Sometimes it goes higher, also sometimes you can earn points just by using the credit card you link to your account for payment(If you're buying something over the points/coupon total...how that works is that SYW will have a deal with Burger King or whomever and if you use your card there, without you having to do anything, they will add points to your account. I am NOT including any of those points in the what I earn.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimboS1ice said:

I was doing the sweeps thing, no such luck yet

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's the regular sweeps on the SYW website, it's not uncommon to go without any wins for a week. I only play it if I am bored and watching TV because the wins are few and far between. The win it stand-alone app on your phone is where it's paying out quite a bit.

:(

I'm having the damnedest time trying to find it in the app store and it looks like Apple got rid of the ability to back up your apps to your computer because they are ****s. I'll have to do some research to find a program that might work or something.

• Like 1

[emoji20]

I'm having the damnedest time trying to find it in the app store and it looks like Apple got rid of the ability to back up your apps to your computer because they are ****s. I'll have to do some research to find a program that might work or something.

Yea I can't get the app downloaded says it's not available

• 2 weeks later...
Just FYI, the past couple of days I've done pretty well in the SYW sweeps app(website): http://www.shopyourway.com/app/2/l

Won $7-8 today on one account, my dog won $5-6. You guys might want to go through the "instant wins" while watching TV.

Correction... I won a quarter lol

• Like 1

LOL... :(

Darn, I was hoping it was more widespread. I've been doing better on the regular sweeps instead of the app recently and only started doing the regular app while watching hockey games(other than Lightning which obviously I'm too busy yelling at the screen).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584