Bosch or Dewalt table saw

rrich1

So i recently purchased the Bosch 4100 table saw. I had been up in the air with that one vs the Dewalt DWE7491RS with the rolling stand. After looking at the Dewalt again (store displays) the Dewalt seems to be sturdier and have a more reliable and consistent fence. I am debating taking the Bosch back to and getting the Dewalt. Any thoughts? Links to both below. 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-15-Amp-10-in-Job-Site-Table-Saw-with-Rolling-Stand-DWE7491RS/204512007

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-15-Amp-10-in-Table-Saw-with-Gravity-Rise-Stand-4100-09/202242734

I too have the older DeWALT (DW744), I do love it's rack and pinion fence. It is definitely easier to adjust and stays parallel to the blade. The reason it may feel more stable is the fact the DeWALT is setting on 4 legs while the Bosch is on 2 feet and 2 pneumatic tires while the saws are set up. The Bosch on the other hand may be easier to set up. The one complaint I have heard about the newer DeWALT saws is the noise level. I haven't  heard a 744 setup next to a 7491, so I can't really compare the noise levels.  A little research finds the older saws like mine and the Bosch spin at 3650 RPM, while the new saws turn at 4800 RPM or about 30% faster. It probably makes for smoother cuts and feels like more power at the same feed rate, after all it is taking smaller bites but a lot more of them.

On May 2, 2016 at 2:44 AM, rrich1 said:

So i recently purchased the Bosch 4100 table saw. I had been up in the air with that one vs the Dewalt DWE7491RS with the rolling stand. After looking at the Dewalt again (store displays) the Dewalt seems to be sturdier and have a more reliable and consistent fence. I am debating taking the Bosch back to and getting the Dewalt. Any thoughts? Links to both below. 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-15-Amp-10-in-Job-Site-Table-Saw-with-Rolling-Stand-DWE7491RS/204512007

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-15-Amp-10-in-Table-Saw-with-Gravity-Rise-Stand-4100-09/202242734

Dewalt. Rich the Bosch is a good saw, I like Bosch, but Dewalt is all over that Bosch. The fence is amazing. If you're in for a compact saw I was running the small Dewalt, sold it for the same price I paid for it when I got my Sawstop but that little machine was an awesome saw. I ALMOST when's with the Bosch but the JLC did a great comparison that swayed me.

• Like 1

Dewalt. Rich the Bosch is a good saw, I like Bosch, but Dewalt is all over that Bosch. The fence is amazing. If you're in for a compact saw I was running the small Dewalt, sold it for the same price I paid for it when I got my Sawstop but that little machine was an awesome saw. I ALMOST when's with the Bosch but the JLC did a great comparison that swayed me.

Thanks. Jlc?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well there you go. If your going to step up from the contractor grade and step into woodworking and furniture building I have checked the Delta out and it gets a lot of good reviews. Also has a solid fence. Fit and finish is pretty nice and this was a real contender for me when I was in the market and truthfully it is a solid performer. The Ridgid saw is also very solid and well thought of but I was seriously looking at the Delta for the fence set up.

Returned the Bosch and got this. For the same price I am getting a lot more saw and I have no real need to take the saw anywhere anyways so this should work out a lot better, just take up more space.

IMG_20160515_142234885_zpsftjty8bw.jpg

• Like 1

Returned the Bosch and got this. For the same price I am getting a lot more saw and I have no real need to take the saw anywhere anyways so this should work out a lot better, just take up more space.

IMG_20160515_142234885_zpsftjty8bw.jpg

I look at that everytime I'm at lowes, such a solid unit.

Nice choice going with the Delta. If you have the room and you don't need to move it,  it's better then the portable I would say.  You can now use Dado blades! That box does look pretty beat up though, make sure you check it out pretty well

Nice choice going with the Delta. If you have the room and you don't need to move it,  it's better then the portable I would say.  You can now use Dado blades! That box does look pretty beat up though, make sure you check it out pretty well

Thanks. The Bosch would accept dado blades as well. Ya as I was putting it onto my dolly to move it into my garage the two silver cover bottom pieces fell out. Going to double check everything before I start putting it together.

Congrats on the saw. I think your going to be pretty happy. The mobile base on that is actually pretty sweet and I think if woodworking is your thing and it kind of sounds like it your going to be much happier with this one.