7 1/4 Circular saw issues

Daniel Julian

My 2731-20 is not operating right. Trying to cut apart a really old dry deck (2x6's) and it only makes it thru 1-5 boards and stops. When I pull the trigger it either does nothing or it barely spins the blade and stops. I usually have to wait 2-5 min and it will work again, but only for another 1-5 boards. This thing shod eat thru this entire deck with no issue. I know the blade is not getting bogged down or pinched because I'm purposefully not pushing it hard. Only a year old so it will go back to Milwaukee under warranty. 

10 hours ago, Bremon said:

Interesting, was just curious, I had 2 2731s and the one that came in the "deal" kit didn't seem as sturdy. 

Deals like that make you wonder if they're not doing something different to be able to let them go that cheap. It's probably more that it only costs them pennies on the dollar to produce them, in relation to what they retail for.

if you think they are doing that ...giving you a cheaper version with  promo deal, that is down right ripping people off yet they do it in such away it isn't obvious, just go buy the kit promo, and also the stand alone saw, different time/receipt replace the kit saw in the stand alone box return it keep the stand alone saw now you have a kit promo but with a stand alone saw same money......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, comp56 said:

if you think they are doing that ...giving you a cheaper version with  promo deal, that is down right ripping people off yet they do it in such away it isn't obvious, just go buy the kit promo, and also the stand alone saw, different time/receipt replace the kit saw in the stand alone box return it keep the stand alone saw now you have a kit promo but with a stand alone saw same money......

Is this legal and couldn't they check serial numbers?

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

Is this legal and couldn't they check serial numbers?

well probably not legal, but if it is fact they are giving out less quality tools in promo's compared to stand alone tools ( I can't see it) how legal is that...this is all based on that being true of course. and sure they could check no. of some kind but the people at our local HD can barely write their name let alone catch on to that. except that one guy, he looks you up and down, looks at everything you are buying examines each package, if you have any kind of coupons he studies it for an hour looking at the coupon then the item  

• Like 1

Seeing as I seemed to have stirred the pot here a little; they were obviously both 2731-20 saws. The second one had a crappier shoe fitment, as others can attest to. I'm not saying they came from different plants. I am saying running a 2nd or 3rd shift to ramp up production can mean worse build quality. Another potential reason is my first 2731 was a Tuesday or Thursday saw and my second was a Monday or Friday lol. I'm not saying all the saws in the promo kit are crap. I'm saying mine was closer to crap and further from good than my original was ?. 

7 hours ago, comp56 said:

I figure that it is the same saw to much work for them to start producing 3 of everything....with different parts in them. It would be a logistic nightmare

Just imagine the warranty problems.

Yeah just warranty it, there's obviously something very wrong with it. It sounds like it has a bad capacitor in it, odd failure in a circular saw. I guess it could be the battery but I imagine you've tried another battery.

19 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Just imagine the warranty problems.

Yeah just warranty it, there's obviously something very wrong with it. It sounds like it has a bad capacitor in it, odd failure in a circular saw. I guess it could be the battery but I imagine you've tried another battery.

Yes I've tried several batteries including a 9.0 and they all do the same thing but will work fine on other tools. 

that is the thing about all this new stuff, don't get me wrong I like my Milwaukee tools but part of me also likes the fact the old stuff could be broke open and it was one of three things wrong wire, brush or gear now a cold solder joint can deem a $300 tool useless and you don't know where to look.

The 2731 is one of the three Milwaukee cordless tools I own, so hopefully mine doesn't prove problematic.  I got mine with the 9.0Ah starter kit, but it seems to be as sturdy as they come.  Then again, I don't have another to compare it to,

Here's a little video of what is happening... 

I had the same issue bought it with the 9.0 starter kit to. I brought it back to Home Depot spoke with the Milwalkee Rep he exchanged the saw no questions asked. He gave me just the bare tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I carried it around in my truck for over a week before I dropped it off at FedEx. But I finally got it mailed out Friday April 28th and I got an email stating it should be back tomorrow. A week and a half turn around is pretty good. No indication yet if they fixed anything on it, so guess I'll see tomorrow. I have work to be done waiting on it, so hopefully it's ready to work when it gets here. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

My Milwaukee HD18CS circular saw makes a very electrical screeching noise once the battery touches the connector points, of which sends the battery's lights into a flashing mode.

would there be a way to solve this issue? 
thanks 

Nick