90 Degree drill/driver adapter - Milwaukee or Dewalt??

olletsocmit

I need your help guys help/thoughts. I am working on my workshop right now installing electrical and a bunch of other things. I need a 90° adapter for my Milwaukee drill & driver (fuel). It seems like there's two good ones out there...?  The Dewalt or Milwaukee... which one to get? The Milwaukee one is metal & the Dewalt one is plastic, but I've heard a lot of good things about the Dewalt one in the past. what do you think I should get and why?? I need to get tomorrow or next day. 

What do you need the 90 for? I had a cheap one years ago that had a keyed chuck for drilling in tight spots and it worked ok. I liked the chuck because I could use any bit. If you have the 1/4" shank on the bits you need to use then I would assume either the Milwaukee or Dewalt will both be a quality product. Me personally, I would get the Milwaukee to match your tools.

I have the Dewalt that I really like a lot though I don't use it everyday or even every month every time I've needed it I'm happy I have it I can tell you that it's pretty tough though I drilled a couple holes into some 2x4's with Bosch spade bits without any problemos, I haven't used the milwaukee but I'm sure either one u get will get the job done bro.

2 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Dewalt has a couple different ones, the smaller one looks awesome...That's the one I'd get. Smaller the better, Milwaukee's looks a bit larger...Dewalt also has a flex 90 degree if I'm not mistaking.

I was just checking out that flex 90 from dewalt on Amazon the other night, looks pretty cool!

• Like 1

Partly to help anyone in this thread, partly to help me because I'm thinking of buying one:

Dewalt right angle flex shaft $30: www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWARAFS-Right-Angle-Shaft/dp/B013UBXU3E

Dewalt right angle "attachment" $20.22: www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWARA100-Right-Angle-Attachment/dp/B00C0VSNKQ

Milwaukee right angle 49-22-8510 $45($51 on Amazon): http://www.toolbarn.com/milwaukee-49-22-8510.html

Rockwell right angle $17: http://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RW9273-Right-4-inch-Accessory/dp/B005BTM3SM

Saw some others but these were the ones of note. Milwaukee also has a right angle power screw driver head that probably isn't very strong.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I have a dewalt right angle, ill sell it to you for 15 bucks shipped, things like brand new I think maybe I used it once, i use my m12 right angle for anything like that.

Yeah once you get your hands on a right angle m12, I have the impact, it's hard to go back. You don't always need a right angle but when you need one you really appreciate it.

• Like 2

Yeah once you get your hands on a right angle m12, I have the impact, it's hard to go back. You don't always need a right angle but when you need one you really appreciate it.

Comes in handy with my kreg jig when shelves are lower cleanerence, I gotta get the right angle impact that's next on the list would be perfect for pocket screws.

5 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

A right angle drill or impact is definitely the best option.  I've broken so many bits with the adapters when they bind even a little because the drill torque puts a bending force on the drill bit.

You should get Milwaukee shockwave bits because they ship bent so bending isn't an issue with them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Turner85 said:

Is that flexi right angle impact rated?

I recall it was.  I'd be skeptical of how well the impact is translated to the end though.  Other flexible shafts I've used have so much bounce they really don't work with an impact.

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Funny, mine usually come pre-stripped...

Pre-stripped drill bits?  Now that's impressive.  I'm don't even know how to strip a drill bit. :lol:

For any new post-ers, my comment was meant to be about driver bits. I have no experience with the shockwave drill bits but have heard they were better quality. 

I don't know how well a 90 degree adapter will impact, seems a lot will be lost in the gearing. The 30 degree impact adapter(discontinued) works well but I haven't ever needed to push it's limits, just simple pressure treated wood and 1.25" screws.

• Like 1

I have the New DeWalt flexible shaft right angle impact adapter. It works really good and has saved my butt a lot of aggravation. It comes with a solid metal (covered in plastic) handle that threads into the solid metal 90* adapter head. This allows for another way of putting pressure on screw/bolt being driven besides holding the actual adapter. The handle has a threaded port on both left and right sides of the 90* adapter head.

I am glad I purchased it. Still wondering if I should but the Makita 18v 90* impact tool or not. I don't think I really need it at this time.

• Like 3