So I finally bought a Power tool on ebay

pancing

The Picture shows a different model than the description, it isn't a stock photo, reverse image search comes up with no hits so the seller took the picture.

If this is what I think it is, I'm buying the whole lot.

I've Never bought a power tool on ebay from another person before, I took a chance and spent 200$ to see what happens, how is ebay with mistakes?

Any help at all would be welcome as I've stated I've never bought a power tool from anything other than a ebay storefront.

Ebay will cover you if there is a problem. Now if you were the seller and you described it perfectly and took detailed pictures of any damage and a buyer complains that you used too much tape on the package, they'd screw you like a cheap hooker.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Ebay will cover you if there is a problem. Now if you were the seller and you described it perfectly and took detailed pictures of any damage and a buyer complains that you used too much tape on the package, they'd screw you like a cheap hooker.

so what you're saying is that as a buyer, im more protected than a seller?

• Like 1

Fortunately selling I've ran into 0 issues, but I buy most of my tools on eBay, and have had great luck but here are my tips:

1: know what your buying, model numbers, rpms, other identifying stats

2: beware of buyer refurbs

3: be cautious with used tools, check for details and lots of pictures, I will buy used if there are good pictures

4: only buy from US buyers, if in US

5: if it's too good to be true it more than likely is, but refer to number 4, a lot of those deals come from China

6: there are knock offs but use your judgement, most new (other) listings are guys that get screaming deals on kits and break them up to sell

6: if the listing differs from the picture, inquire about it, don't be afraid to send a message

We have an eBay deals thread, if you have questions on listings post on it or even PM me, I'll take a look, few of use on here are major eBay regulars

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1