Dream truck or car

Logan

1977 (first half) Ford F250 4x4  with boxed in frame rails. Cummins 5.9l with Allison automatic. Detroit air lockers on the front Dana 60 and back Dana 80. Air bags on the back. Hydraulic PTO. Hydraulic winch on the front bumper. Lincoln sa300 on the back with 100' neon orange flexaprene leads on reals. Torch kit with 100' leads also on reels. Honda powered air compressor with 100' hose reel. All reels are custom mounted in under bed boxes retrofitted with keyless electronic locking latches. Overhead custom contractor racking. Side boxes. Yeti mount. 1 ton auto crane. Hacked apart Milwaukee lights made into 360 degree true view work lighting. Amber LED strobes integrated into the front grill and back of the bed. Two LED beacons over the cab with oversize load sign bracket. Four wheel disk brake conversion. Cab completely enclosed in dynamat. Audio system done by someone who knows about that shit. Front split bench seat from a 96 dodge 2500. Combination of carbon fiber and brushed stainless steel dash and gauge cluster. A date with Taylor Swift. Integrated Motorola digital radio. Handgun safe under the middle seat. Sunroof grafted in because duh. Corner post mounted spotlights. Rear window defroster with heated mirrors. Integrated microphone for hands free calling. Loud ass train horns. Run flat tires. Radar and laser detector and jammer. Brake light cut out switch. 

A man can dream.

• Like 2

We had a thread like this a few years ago I think. But my dream ride would be a mid 70s Chevy truck body on a modern Chevy chassis. Something about those square bodies I absolutely love! It would be a toss-up between Chevy Orange or completely flat/mat black, completely blacked out, stealth style.

• Like 3

Mine dream car choice is kinda lame. a Honda Civic with the d-tec diesel engine tested awhile back. Just for the 90 mpg it got. Maybe some decent acceleration would be nice as well.

For my truck it would have to be a mix between the innovative features of the Ridgeline, looks of the GM models, power up to par of whichever brand has the best power (for mid-size), a mid-size that is actually mid-size and not approaching F-150/Silverado 1500 size, a speedometer that has a digital number readout like a Honda Civic instead of the typical pointer speedometer, and fuel efficiency better than the competition. Also would like to see an instrument panel/dash that isn't bloated with buttons or features but instead is simple, shows me what I want where i want, and is customizable to my needs.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jronman said:

Mine dream car choice is kinda lame. a Honda Civic with the d-tec diesel engine tested awhile back. Just for the 90 mpg it got. Maybe some decent acceleration would be nice as well.

For my truck it would have to be a mix between the innovative features of the Ridgeline, looks of the GM models, power up to par of whichever brand has the best power (for mid-size), a mid-size that is actually mid-size and not approaching F-150/Silverado 1500 size, a speedometer that has a digital number readout like a Honda Civic instead of the typical pointer speedometer, and fuel efficiency better than the competition. Also would like to see an instrument panel/dash that isn't bloated with buttons or features but instead is simple, shows me what I want where i want, and is customizable to my needs.

Good man. Nothing wrong with Hondas. I've wrecked more Hondas than I've owned other brands.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to have a Dodge 2500 or 3500 crew cab diesel, but I refuse to pay that kind of money for a truck. New diesels are just insane anymore. 

There are are lots of old cars I like. Late 60's Mustangs are probably my favorites. As long as they're fastbacks of course.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I'd love to have a Dodge 2500 or 3500 crew cab diesel, but I refuse to pay that kind of money for a truck. New diesels are just insane anymore. 

There are are lots of old cars I like. Late 60's Mustangs are probably my favorites. As long as they're fastbacks of course.

I agree new diesels are Hella expensive !!!! I was able to get a pretty sweet deal on my 2015, but the new 2017 Duramax is 

pretty interesting ...