Dream truck or car

Logan

Well, I was partially right. I don't really call 7 units a comeback.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/09/19/saleen-s7-lm-return-1000-horsepower/

That's the new thing build 7 cars a year, charge 5.5 mil a piece and be back ordered for 10 years, doesn't matter if it's any good or spontaneously catches on fire eh hem Ferrari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 2016-11-26 at 10:22 PM, Conductor562 said:

I'd love to have a Dodge 2500 or 3500 crew cab diesel, but I refuse to pay that kind of money for a truck. New diesels are just insane anymore. 

There are are lots of old cars I like. Late 60's Mustangs are probably my favorites. As long as they're fastbacks of course.

I had planned on buying a 3/4 ton as my next truck but the way inflation works it's not going to happen. At this rate a F150 Lariat will be 75k CAD by the time I'm ready to buy. 

2 minutes ago, Bremon said:

I had planned on buying a 3/4 ton as my next truck but the way inflation works it's not going to happen. At this rate a F150 Lariat will be 75k CAD by the time I'm ready to buy. 

Jesus that is insane :( Just for an F-150

59 minutes ago, DR99 said:

Jesus that is insane :( Just for an F-150

Yeah, never understood my grandparents always commenting on how expensive vehicles were getting, then more time passed and my parents started making the same comments. Now enough time has passed that I can see exactly what they mean. If you keep your vehicle for 8-10 years it's easy to get sticker shock lol. The people trading in every 2-3 don't notice so much. 

• Like 1

I guess when you see it over the years its a shock but boy you are in for a shock if you haven't bought in 10 years the prices jumped a shit load since then. If you buy at the right time you can find some deals, but you might have to make a compromised on option or color as its probably last years model. In Canada it looks worse as 75k is superduty diesel money in the states. A loaded 1/2 ton is still around 55k probably a lot less unless you suck at shopping.

• Like 1

I had the same feeling two years ago when I was in the market for a new pick up.  The last truck I bought was a 2007 chevy 4wd work truck for $15,000.00.  Seven years later you couldn't touch a 4wd truck for less than $30,000.00 and that was with every discount, rebate, and crying in front of the salesman for 30 minutes.  Crazy prices and they keep going up.

4 hours ago, DR99 said:

I guess when you see it over the years its a shock but boy you are in for a shock if you haven't bought in 10 years the prices jumped a shit load since then. If you buy at the right time you can find some deals, but you might have to make a compromised on option or color as its probably last years model. In Canada it looks worse as 75k is superduty diesel money in the states. A loaded 1/2 ton is still around 55k probably a lot less unless you suck at shopping.

My truck is a moderately equipped half ton I bought new in 2010 for $35k CAD. 6 years later you can add $15k to that. Another 4-5 years when I intend to buy, plus upgrade to leather and crew cab? I don't like to think about it. 

On 11/26/2016 at 11:22 PM, Conductor562 said:

I'd love to have a Dodge 2500 or 3500 crew cab diesel, but I refuse to pay that kind of money for a truck. New diesels are just insane anymore. 

There are are lots of old cars I like. Late 60's Mustangs are probably my favorites. As long as they're fastbacks of course.

You did say dodge so the newest dodge would be a 2009 model or something which would probably be a reasonable price by now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metaljunkie said:

I had the same feeling two years ago when I was in the market for a new pick up.  The last truck I bought was a 2007 chevy 4wd work truck for $15,000.00.  Seven years later you couldn't touch a 4wd truck for less than $30,000.00 and that was with every discount, rebate, and crying in front of the salesman for 30 minutes.  Crazy prices and they keep going up.

could the bailout in whenever it was have anything to do with the high truck prices?

• Like 1

On 11/27/2016 at 7:26 PM, JimboS1ice said:

That's the new thing build 7 cars a year, charge 5.5 mil a piece and be back ordered for 10 years, doesn't matter if it's any good or spontaneously catches on fire eh hem Ferrari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it spontaneously catches on fire you can put it out with the 1000 horses! Lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

could the bailout in whenever it was have anything to do with the high truck prices?

The bail out most likely did have an impact on prices but the strange thing about it was Ford, who did not take any bail out money was the highest of the top three. Don't get me wrong, I've owned all of them except Toyota and Nissan.  I decided to purchase a Dodge Ram 2500 because of the price, liked the style, and they gave me a military discount.  I opted for the Hemi 5.7 because the diesel option was an additional $10,000.00.  Just couldn't justify spending the extra money for the upgrade on the engine with all the extra money that goes along with maintenance for a diesel engine for my use. 

22 hours ago, CATERPILLAR said:

either a 2008 toyota tundra 5.7l v8 with a super charger blacked out and lifted or white . 1981 toyota 22r sr5 lifted red with black rims or a 1985 toyota pickup :)

download (2).jpg

images.jpg

Screenshot2016-11-30at9.24.44AM.jpg

something about a tundra with white body and black trim/rims/detail that just stands out against any other truck as looking amazing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
I too prefer a truck over a car, but I remember when the Chrysler Crossfire first came out, that was my dream car then lol....now, I don't really think about it, so I don't have a definitive answer

My dad went home with a low mileage crossfire once, I believe it was standard. Old man driven. I said "dad I didn't know you liked those? He said "well your mother doesn't so I'm taking it back"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1