New DeWalt tools November 2016

Stercorarius

15 minutes ago, RickyMcGrath said:

I strongly prefer blade right as well. Just seems more natural and the fact that the Saw dust chute keeps most of the dust off me.

Yeah so despite all the cries for blade left it seems like DeWalt did their homework 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yeah so despite all the cries for blade left it seems like DeWalt did their homework 

They did their homework, but if I was grading it I'd need a pallet of red pens. Clearly they have never used a skilsaw so clearly they are wrong. Just squint guys. Cavemen didn't have dust extraction and they were making love to dinosaurs and shit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jeffmcmillan said:

... yet the missed the rafter hook

As petty as it sounds, this is why I stick with the 2731 despite the FlexVolt being better at the main thing a saw needs to be good at. I'm in situations where ergonomics aren't a consideration all the time, more kneeling/bending is not what I need lol. I'm sure my chiropractor would agree. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

I put my new 2731 to use the last few days on a new rough-in. Love the power. Blows the m12 fuel out of the water. Also love the rafter hook feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heck yeah it does. But that m12 works great with a 6.0! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

As petty as it sounds, this is why I stick with the 2731 despite the FlexVolt being better at the main thing a saw needs to be good at. I'm in situations where ergonomics aren't a consideration all the time, more kneeling/bending is not what I need lol. I'm sure my chiropractor would agree. 

Just wait till OSHA figures out ergonomics and starts mandating belt or rafter hooks on handheld tools of a certain weight.  Now that I think about it, with the number of dropped tool related accidents, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Like 2

Tools I'm hoping for

xr body grip jigsaw

xr 1/4 router

flexvolt/xr site light, not that huge thing

flexvolt 12" disc cutter with water attachment like the battery stihl 

flexvolt 9" grinder

flexvolt circ saw with larger blade 10-12"

flexvolt wall chaser, I don't know if you guys use them in the US. 

flexvolt metal chopsaw 

flexvolt/xr heater

oh and a kettle!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, midogrumpy said:

The.Handyman

how do you know a cordlesss trim router is coming ?

cheers
mike

...lol, and you think he's going to tell you this...why? If you had insider information I'm fairly certain you wouldn't go about explaining how you knew it. 

That said, seems logical since pretty much literally everything that has a cord will soon have a battery.  

svstz.jpg

• Like 1

Right handed, blade right ..rest the saw motor on the material look around right at the blade or look through the opening in the body of the saw right at the line,for shorter cuts...,or if you want look at the guide marks on the front of the saw as you cut,for longer cuts.....you want the saw lying flat on your material as you cut ,with the motor supported on the material....cut and the material doesn't bind ,it just drops down. ... It's not complicated 

• Like 3

So does anyone know when the 18ga brad nailer will be out?  Or any of the tools mentioned.  

I'm selling off all of my air nailers (except a few) and going to cordless for interior trim work.  Also going to get a 20v framer.  I think it will handle most of my framing.  Not doing houses anymore.

18ga brad nailer is our most used nailer.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Turner85 said:

How good would a toughsystem vacuum be. I've space on my rack just waiting for something to fill it up.

I've been bitching and moaning for one of these since I got my initial set of toughsystem boxes and the M18 boxy noise machine err-vacuum.