New DeWalt tools November 2016

Stercorarius

41 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

STILL waiting for the 20v bradder!

Yeah, toolaholic says it's out, "They have seriously expanded their 20v brushless nailer line up. New releases as follows: 20v brushless 18g flooring stapler 20v brushless 18g narrow crown stapler 20v brushless 15g finish nailer 20v brushless 18g brad nailer. 23g pinner in development!"

• Like 4

I feel like that compact recip will still be underwhelming despite an XR upgrade. We'll see though. 

I agree. In the video it look like it was still going to vibrate your teeth loose. I hope they not only fix some of the vibration issue with adding a brushless motor. I love the concept of this compact reciprocating saw and would like to enjoy owning one.
  • Like 3

Woooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the new 9.0s are made with 20700 cells. That is the best possible news. I'd like to see Milwaukee do their comparison ads now.

They will need a whole new marketing plan as the new 9.0ah FlexVolt will be no comparison. I think the new 6.0ah 20v with 20700 cells is going to be amazing as well.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Woooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the new 9.0s are made with 20700 cells. That is the best possible news. I'd like to see Milwaukee do their comparison ads now.

This was known since June and was a big factor in getting me into FlexVolt/more 20v Max than I anticipated. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The.Handyman said:

They will need a whole new marketing plan as the new 9.0ah FlexVolt will be no comparison. I think the new 6.0ah 20v with 20700 cells is going to be amazing as well.

Yeah the Metabo 6.2ah batteries with 20700 cells kick anything and everything in the teeth currently so I'm stoked to see what kind of performance gains we can expect from tools with these. The flexvolt grinder with the 9.0 will be hard to keep a handle on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, framer said:

explain to me like i'm five please, how these cells are better.

They're physically larger; more surface area/more energy dense. Because they have more surface area they stay cooler easier leading to longer runtime, and they have higher current thresholds than 18650s so you won't see voltage drop as much. 

• Like 3

On 11/8/2016 at 7:40 PM, Bremon said:

I feel like that compact recip will still be underwhelming despite an XR upgrade. We'll see though. 

I was going to go on another rant when I saw this (shocked me honestly). Somehow I think it'll be even worse due to it's inherent shit design and their propensity to remove obviously good features. 

I will say I bought mine under the assumption I'd actually need a compact recip. I think perhaps once out of the last few years I've used it where I couldn't use a full size, it just so happens to literally almost never matter for me. Variable tools have just about eliminated my dependency on recip's entirely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was going to go on another rant when I saw this (shocked me honestly). Somehow I think it'll be even worse due to it's inherent shit design and their propensity to remove obviously good features. 

I will say I bought mine under the assumption I'd actually need a compact recip. I think perhaps once out of the last few years I've used it where I couldn't use a full size, it just so happens to literally almost never matter for me. Variable tools have just about eliminated my dependency on recip's entirely. 

Yea that design always intrigued me but kind of gets lost, really for its size you could go full size sawzall (sorry recip, bad habit) lol and have a 1 handed for the times you need something small, I know you can fit it between a stud but umm how awkward does that grip have to be, would have been cool to see them take on a "hackzall" style recip

Active shock absorption is at the top of my list, I will not buy another recip ever again in my life unless I get to keep the teeth the 20v compact hasn't taken out already. I have an idea in mind for a counterweight inside the unit that is used to isolate the reciprocating motion internally. It would add weight but be a dream to operate in theory. 

On the other hand Dewalt should probably lobby to our new president to use a fleet of 20v compact recip's as an alternative to waterboarding. 1hr a day having to use it will have our enemies begging to spill their secrets. 

287dcf4456da23de8a66918f0d4b0288.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Bremon said:

They're physically larger; more surface area/more energy dense. Because they have more surface area they stay cooler easier leading to longer runtime, and they have higher current thresholds than 18650s so you won't see voltage drop as much. 

Bremon goes into more detail but we hit the limit of 1850 battery cells right now. Maybe the chemistry will change and they can do higher ah with the current draw for power tools but not right now.

• Like 2