New DeWalt tools November 2016

Stercorarius

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Active shock absorption is at the top of my list, I will not buy another recip ever again in my life unless I get to keep the teeth the 20v compact hasn't taken out already. I have an idea in mind for a counterweight inside the unit that is used to isolate the reciprocating motion internally. It would add weight but be a dream to operate in theory. 

On the other hand Dewalt should probably lobby to our new president to use a fleet of 20v compact recip's as an alternative to waterboarding. 1hr a day having to use it will have our enemies begging to spill their secrets. 

287dcf4456da23de8a66918f0d4b0288.jpg

Makita has AVT on their corded recip saw. I don't know why Dewalt saws seem to buck the worst?

13 minutes ago, DR99 said:

Makita has AVT on their corded recip saw. I don't know why Dewalt saws seem to buck the worst?

I think it comes down to too slow of an RPM personally, under bind the tool has time to become the reciprocating portion of the action instead of the blade which remains largely stationary, starting a unstoppable chain reaction, turning you into a puddle of the previous man you knew yourself to be.

What could help overall? 

Orbital action.

AVT.

Faster RPM. 

More powerful motor.

Paste of wood glue combined with Unicorn horn dust drawn into circles of demonic protection on the inside of the motor housing. 

That should do it. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think it comes down to too slow of an RPM personally, under bind the tool has time to become the reciprocating portion of the action instead of the blade which remains largely stationary, starting a unstoppable chain reaction, turning you into a puddle of the previous man you knew yourself to be.

What could help overall? 

Orbital action.

AVT.

Faster RPM. 

More powerful motor.

Paste of wood glue combined with Unicorn horn dust drawn into circles of demonic protection on the inside of the motor housing. 

That should do it. 

Sounds good!?

You explained it well, the tool becomes part of the recip motion

4 hours ago, framer said:

explain to me like i'm five please, how these cells are better.

You know how when you have the little Lego board you can keep piling on as many of your yellow legos on as possible and start using all your single bricks to fill in the cracks to have as many legos as possible because you don't want your Doo Doo head brother to use any of your yellow legos on his red board. You can keep stacking but it starts to get crowded and takes a long time to disassemble and put away and then reassemble and put back together. Then one day you get a new big board. You can start stacking all your legos on it. And all the big bricks fit on it and you can just throw it together and put it away for snack time more faster and all the other kids will think you are the coolest. The batteries are kind of like that but with f*#!ing magic pixies and shit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

What could help overall? 

Orbital action.

AVT.

Faster RPM. 

More powerful motor.

That should do it. 

I actually dislike orbital. With proper pressure and proper tooth count you can cut faster in demo and putting pressure on it in orbital means more vibration plus a worse off blade if you hit metal.  Might be I'm doing something wrong or just different though.

d9a453d8189f0ed2939ebe3d514d6811.jpg We getting a portable power supply that comes with four 9.0 flexvolts? Also is that the new track saw above the circular saw? There's also something in the top right corner that i'm not sure what it is.

The power supply isn't being sold with 4 FlexVolt batteries, especially 4 9.0ah ones. That would be really expensive. It is sold with 4 4.0ah and 1 6.0ah FlexVolt battery.

The saw above the FlexVolt circular saw is another circular saw, just turned around. Track saw is coming though.

@The.Handyman I knew it came with the three 4.0s and one 6.0 flexvolt but didn't know if they were coming out with a more expensive option with four 9.0s in addition to the current option. I agree it would be expensive. Could that saw be a blade right 20v brushless circular saw above the flexvolt saw? seems unlikely for a 20v to be blade right but could be possible.

1 hour ago, overanalyze said:

How about a 20v brushless, blade left, 6.5" saw??! With a rafter hook please! Oh and a base that allows it to work on a track for a carpentry style track saw. Too much to ask?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

As noted many times; that's apparently coming out. Rafter hook and modular base I can't speak to but 6.5" blade left 20v Max XR circular saw is coming out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2016 at 8:24 PM, overanalyze said:

How about a 20v brushless, blade left, 6.5" saw??! With a rafter hook please! Oh and a base that allows it to work on a track for a carpentry style track saw. Too much to ask?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Oh for God Sake! Quit your whining you right handed wooses!!!!!

This is for all of the lefties that have been taking it on the chin for YEARS!!!!!!!!

• Like 2