Metabo 5inch grinder

CATERPILLAR

Just got done cleaning and greasing this metabo w 1080-125rt 5 inch 10a grinder. Took in total about 4 hours to clean . I completely cleaned out the gear box of the old grease and put new and cleaned everything else good. The grinder is the welding shops at my school at took it home and clean her up real good, i have included some pictures from what it looked like before and after :) have a good one thanks for stopping by 

DSCF8247.JPG

DSCF8248.JPG

DSCF8249.JPG

DSCF8250.JPG

DSCF8251.JPG

DSCF8252.JPG

DSCF8253.JPG

DSCF8254.JPG

DSCF8255.JPG

DSCF8256.JPG

DSCF8257.JPG

DSCF8258.JPG

DSCF8259.JPG

DSCF8260.JPG

DSCF8261.JPG

DSCF8262.JPG

DSCF8263.JPG

DSCF8264.JPG

DSCF8265.JPG

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, kruton said:

Looks awesome man. I'm thinking you should start a side business cleaning up used tools!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

thanks man lol yes i am thinking about it alot of time involved with cleaning tools tho :) thanks for stopping by have a good one 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Love it, definitely a worthy tool to do that to!

thanks man to be truthful i think its not very good it boggs down easy and quality is norm. i will take my makitas over that anyday maybe it was just this on but man i wasnt very impressed :) thanks for stopping bye have a good one 

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, comp56 said:

you want an ultimate grinder, get a hold of a Walter, now you may not have heard of this grinder name but I will tell you they are probably the best grinders in the tool industry.....

Here

Have heard of them a couple times thats what i heard people praising to metabo and to be truthful wasnt very impressed with this grinder ot the other metabo at my school bog down to easy compared to my makita i will take a makita or bosch any day over metabo the only reason why metabo are a slightly better is over load protection but still i will take a makita 5 inch made in georgia over a german made metabo ;) i will check out walter have a good one 

5 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Have heard of them a couple times thats what i heard people praising to metabo and to be truthful wasnt very impressed with this grinder ot the other metabo at my school bog down to easy compared to my makita i will take a makita or bosch any day over metabo ;) i will check out walter have a good one 

and see I like my Milwaukee grinder however if someone gave me a Walter I would throw the Milwaukee away....that is how much confidence I have with Walter....I have many hours of grinding with all kinds of Walters and hands down best grinder out there ....if you are using a Walter grinder and are not happy with it 2 things could be wrong:

NO.1 you don't know how to use a grinder and broke it

NO.2 the grinder is broken refer to NO.1

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, comp56 said:

and see I like my Milwaukee grinder however if someone gave me a Walter I would throw the Milwaukee away....that is how much confidence I have with Walter....I have many hours of grinding with all kinds of Walters and hands down best grinder out there ....

I wish i could get my hands on one to take apart to look at they look a hell of alot better than metabo in your video 

11 minutes ago, comp56 said:

and see I like my Milwaukee grinder however if someone gave me a Walter I would throw the Milwaukee away....that is how much confidence I have with Walter....I have many hours of grinding with all kinds of Walters and hands down best grinder out there ....if you are using a Walter grinder and are not happy with it 2 things could be wrong:

NO.1 you don't know how to use a grinder and broke it

NO.2 the grinder is broken refer to NO.1

Do u own a walter or have just used one also congrats on becoming a moderator?you deserved it 

1 minute ago, comp56 said:

I had one but it was stolen and at the time I replaced it with Milwaukee never did get a new one only because I wasn't grinding as much,,,,,

Sorry to hear that man i am to loyal to makita to get one lol and plus they are double the price mabye one day.with the makitas i have had very good luck and many hours with them and like there quality  :) 

5 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

I'll run a Metabo all day everyday, and sometimes do. Absolutely love the grinders and the prices I got mine at. That being said I want to pick up a Walter and a Fein, but they are hard to find locally.

Dont u have cordless or do u have some corded metabo too

6 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

I'll run a Metabo all day everyday, and sometimes do. Absolutely love the grinders and the prices I got mine at. That being said I want to pick up a Walter and a Fein, but they are hard to find locally.

19 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Dont u have cordless or do u have some corded metabo too

Your Metabo was probably older, the new ones are much more powerful, more so than your Makita probably..

Also, Walter cordless grinders are rebranded Metabo, so no difference there.