Home Depot

BMack37

On 3/16/2016 at 4:15 PM, jeffmcmillan said:

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

ff4dcd9c630ff539630e2de67dfa8047.jpg

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-7-Amp-Corded-Barrel-Grip-Jig-Saw-JS470EB/202691139

143 for a barrel grip jigsaw seems pretty cheap (it takes $20 off in your cart)

I wish my depot still had those on clearance.  I'm pretty sure they're long since gone from every depot around these parts.  Think you could stuff one into a USPS flat rate box? :D

HD will honor HF coupons ?

Sometimes yes but it has to be a pre printed coupon. As to whether you clear it before shopping, that's up to you. Chances are if you do, you probably have a better chance of getting turned down than if you roll up with a cart full of goods and are ready to pay. Then again, if you're not going to buy anything without the coupon, you waste your time shopping, someone had to put it all back and you feel a little bit like a reject if you get rejected at the register. Trying to get a competitors coupon honoured isn't for the faint of heart.

• Like 1

Sometimes yes but it has to be a pre printed coupon. As to whether you clear it before shopping, that's up to you. Chances are if you do, you probably have a better chance of getting turned down than if you roll up with a cart full of goods and are ready to pay. Then again, if you're not going to buy anything without the coupon, you waste your time shopping, someone had to put it all back and you feel a little bit like a reject if you get rejected at the register. Trying to get a competitors coupon honoured isn't for the faint of heart.

Yes it takes work......but it is your money.

Get payed by the hour.... Or earn it by how you choose to spend it.

It really all comes down to who is working the register......and if you have the "Balls" to try it.

DeWalt

• Like 1

That jigsaw pictured above was probably just the floor model on sale. My local HD must have a half dozen on the shelf all at regular price.

I posted this over in the Milwaukee area but I'll post it here as well;

HD is now selling the One Key hammer drill/impact driver combo kit for $499. (2796-22) Doesn't seem like a great deal until you see their offer of a free tool with the purchase. You get to choose from either the Fuel circular saw, the Fuel Sawzall, or a 5.0xc battery. The offer runs 3/28 to 8/1. I'm hoping that when the sale goes live on the website that it may include more tools in the deal.

So if you wanted you could probably buy the kit with the saw then sell the saw on Craigslist or eBay or here or something for say $175 and then your final cost would be $325 plus tax, making the One Key kit slightly cheaper than the standard 2897 kit. Or just part out a kit and make a few bucks or even get some new batteries at a good price. Also, in the kit description they claim that you just get a regular charger, but in all the photos they show the quick charger with the white lettering on top. I'll be buying the kit in the next few days and will see what it really has in it.

• Like 2

That jigsaw pictured above was probably just the floor model on sale. My local HD must have a half dozen on the shelf all at regular price.

I posted this over in the Milwaukee area but I'll post it here as well;

HD is now selling the One Key hammer drill/impact driver combo kit for $499. (2796-22) Doesn't seem like a great deal until you see their offer of a free tool with the purchase. You get to choose from either the Fuel circular saw, the Fuel Sawzall, or a 5.0xc battery. The offer runs 3/28 to 8/1. I'm hoping that when the sale goes live on the website that it may include more tools in the deal.

So if you wanted you could probably buy the kit with the saw then sell the saw on Craigslist or eBay or here or something for say $175 and then your final cost would be $325 plus tax, making the One Key kit slightly cheaper than the standard 2897 kit. Or just part out a kit and make a few bucks or even get some new batteries at a good price. Also, in the kit description they claim that you just get a regular charger, but in all the photos they show the quick charger with the white lettering on top. I'll be buying the kit in the next few days and will see what it really has in it.

Depends on the store, I've seen them full priced but I bought mine in clearence for 70 bucks. Few stores have them still at that range, HD clearence is store by store and not company wide.

2 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Just got home from HD and saw that they had some stands covered in plastic I wanted to peek but the staff was right next to it fixing some signs :}

What sorts of stands? Like the product displays during BF/EoY events?

I was going to hit up the depot, but then I thought about it and realized that I didn't actually need any recip blades. I'm trying to be slightly responsible with tool buying.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2016 at 5:52 PM, MikeyB said:

What's the secret again with using a Harbor Freight coupon at the Depot?  Is it better to go to self check out or a cashier? 

Best chance is go to a Home Depot near a Harbor Freight.  Choose the youngest cashier.  Avoid the grumpy old lady at all costs.

• Like 4

Confirmed tonight at my local Home Depot - buy the $499 M18 Fuel One Key hammer drill/impact kit, get a free fuel sawzall or 7.25" circular saw.

Question is - I just got the standard fuel kit for $350, about 25 days ago. Should I return it and buy the One key set? It's just money right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jtieman said:

Confirmed tonight at my local Home Depot - buy the $499 M18 Fuel One Key hammer drill/impact kit, get a free fuel sawzall or 7.25" circular saw.

Question is - I just got the standard fuel kit for $350, about 25 days ago. Should I return it and buy the One key set? It's just money right?

If you got the cash, your getting the premium of one key tools plus a 200 dollar tool only for 150 bucks extra.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2016 at 11:13 PM, jtieman said:

That is exactly what I did. I returned the standard kit and bought the new kit and got the saw. I returned my brushless Ridgid circular saw as well so the total cost was almost a wash. You could also opt to sell the saw separate and wind up with a one key kit for the same $350. If the saw new goes for $229, and you sell it for $150-$175, someone gets a deal and you get an upgraded kit.

<edit> So I just looked at my receipt again. Because of the way the discounts are worked in the Home Depot register, if you take one part of the deal back you get a pro rated amount based on the discount value. In this case, the refund value for the saw is about $156 and the refund value for the One Key kit is $344 and change. So you could buy the kit with the saw and then just return the saw next week and have a One Key kit for less than $350, which is the price of their standard Fuel kit.

• Like 2

Nice, @MikeInCtown yeah, that's how they do that at HD, I forget exactly how that works, but I see you figured that out..... I see that you bought the onekey in the Bought Tools thread. I use both generations of fuel drills, not looking for getting the one-key, but I will keep my eye out for any updates you provide us with!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    qipper
    Newest Member
    qipper