Let's See Your Favorite Tool

comp56

Moving things around and bumped into this...

IMG_0274[1].JPG

One custom built anvil...

Seems the boys in the maintenance shop at GE got bored one day and built one for each of the house crew. Its about fourteen inches long overall, perfect for small projects. Another tool inherited from my fathers kit that I finished in a catalyzed polly for protection during long term storage. Surprisingly the finish has held up well since, although that may change in the future.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JMG said:

IMG_0274[1].JPG

Seems the boys in the maintenance shop at GE got bored one day and built one for each of the house crew. Its about fourteen inches long overall, perfect for small projects. Another tool inherited from my fathers kit that I finished in a catalyzed polly for protection during long term storage. Surprisingly the finish has held up well since, although that may change in the future.

sweet I noticed they didn't bother with a hardie hole or a pritchel hole......

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, comp56 said:

sweet I noticed they didn't bother with a hardie hole or a pritchel hole......

They probably didn't have access to the tooling to do it at the time, that or it would have drawn too much attention to the fact that they were goofing off during work hours. These were cut out of solid steel bar stock. Generally, items like this were made out of drops from some project they were tasked with that would have been thrown into the scrap pile.

13 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

Pretty sweet. How many pounds you reckon it is? 

Maybe forty five? I will have to find a scale and weigh it sometime.

Actual dimensions are 3 x 15.5 x 7 inches.

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Wow. I have vise envy. Never thought I'd say that1

likewise, I never thought I'd get into deep philosophical thoughts about the advantages and disadvantages of having a brushless tool. lol. It's simply a subject matter that does not come up much around the dinner table. Unless of course your dinner table is occupied by BigMikeZ, Kruton, Conductor562, Comp56, etc, etc.... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Surfer (aka Nalu) said:

likewise, I never thought I'd get into deep philosophical thoughts about the advantages and disadvantages of having a brushless tool. lol. It's simply a subject matter that does not come up much around the dinner table. Unless of course your dinner table is occupied by BigMikeZ, Kruton, Conductor562, Comp56, etc, etc.... 

It's like a support group. Sometimes it helps to know there are others out there with the same disorder as you. 

My my name is Conductor562 and I have a problem ?

• Like 3

It's like a support group. Sometimes it helps to know there are others out there with the same disorder as you. 

My my name is Conductor562 and I have a problem [emoji23]

I'm not an addict I need all my sanders... and grinders... and 10 set of drill bitsss... ah shit

Hi I'm jimboslice and I like tools...l a lot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Surfer (aka Nalu) said:

Dude I'm not sure about philosophical....I think I just sprouted a tree

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JMG said:

IMG_0274[1].JPG

I hope you bumped into the back, if you umped into the front you might be pregnant right now.

• Like 3

3 words:

Hitachi.

Triple.

Hammer.

hitachi triple hammer.jpg

Best power tool I've ever used, and IP56 rated to boot, with a faster charger than even Makita makes and a double-decker storage case with 3.0 batteries the size of 1.5/2.0s? This was a grand slam that just came out of frikkin' nowhere. Love it.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jronman said:

cool thats the one with the button release. How do you like it compared to a standard impact hex chuck?

Love it dude! I've read some reviews of peeps not liking it so much or it being awkward and getting stuck but honostly it's never givin me a problem

On 12/6/2016 at 0:12 AM, aabee said:

3 words:

Hitachi.

Triple.

Hammer.

hitachi triple hammer.jpg

Best power tool I've ever used, and IP56 rated to boot, with a faster charger than even Makita makes and a double-decker storage case with 3.0 batteries the size of 1.5/2.0s? This was a grand slam that just came out of frikkin' nowhere. Love it.

Holy crap! Rochester NH?!?!?!??!?