Your angle grinders

CATERPILLAR

Hey i was wondering what angle grinders you got and what u like and what you dont here is my collection hoping maybe to get two 4 1/2 makitas for 99$ imy collection consists of 3 makitas and one bosch love them all havent got to use the bosch yet i dont have a wheel or guard for it it is around 35 years old or so a 4 inch makita have had for about 2 1/2 years and a 5 inch rat tail have had for about a year and a 7 inch makita just got a week or less ago ;) would lov3 if u guys could take a picture of yours to show ? thanks for stopping by 

20161211_134243.jpg

20161211_134307.jpg

20161211_134254.jpg

20161211_134250.jpg

20161211_134301.jpg

• Like 4

Have the fuel braking grinder and an older corded Milwaukee 4.5"

Have a brand new 9" just picked up from Harbor freight to replace my 8 years old Chicago Electric one that burnt up recently. Well actually my work paid for that one ha .. i had bought it and never expected anything out of it, so boss replaced it since I burnt it up on the job....

• Like 2

Metabo rat tail 5", best all day use grinder I have. It is a little underpowered and made in China, but it was a hundred bucks so I can't complain. Metabo flat head grinder. Great grinder. It was designed to be held onto from the need when doing those hard to reach welds so it isn't the most comfortable general purpose grinder. Bosch, nice grinder not nice feeling, but it was sixty bucks. Makita brushless grinder. Good grinder. No longer have batteries for it. DeWalt Flexvolt grinder. Heaps of power, just a bit big for a quick portable one, no longer have batteries for it. Metabo brushless grinder easily the best on the market (intrigued by Hilti's new offerings though) no longer have it or the batteries. First on my rebuy list if insurance pays out. Metabo cordless die grinder felt nice, but I never had a chance to use it, both it and the batteries are gone.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Metabo rat tail 5", best all day use grinder I have. It is a little underpowered and made in China, but it was a hundred bucks so I can't complain. Metabo flat head grinder. Great grinder. It was designed to be held onto from the need when doing those hard to reach welds so it isn't the most comfortable general purpose grinder. Bosch, nice grinder not nice feeling, but it was sixty bucks. Makita brushless grinder. Good grinder. No longer have batteries for it. DeWalt Flexvolt grinder. Heaps of power, just a bit big for a quick portable one, no longer have batteries for it. Metabo brushless grinder easily the best on the market (intrigued by Hilti's new offerings though) no longer have it or the batteries. First on my rebuy list if insurance pays out. Metabo cordless die grinder felt nice, but I never had a chance to use it, both it and the batteries are gone.

I have a metabo flat head. It is weird but convient in certain situations. I have only truly needed it a few times but worth keeping

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Have the fuel braking grinder and an older corded Milwaukee 4.5"

Have a brand new 9" just picked up from Harbor freight to replace my 8 years old Chicago Electric one that burnt up recently. Well actually my work paid for that one ha .. i had bought it and never expected anything out of it, so boss replaced it since I burnt it up on the job....

Is the fuel braking one that much better then the regular fuel? I have two fuel non braking ones an one regular m18 brushed version. 

• Like 2

I've got the Ryobi 18v 4-1/2" which is a great grinder to work with. I use a Dewalt at work and the Ryobi is a lot better, runs smoother and stops quicker. I have a cheapo 4-1/2" corded grinder I bought for 15 bucks from Menard's, what can I say...it runs great, it cuts when it's supposed to cut, grinds when it's supposed to grind. I've used it for years with no issues, and when it dies I can just buy another cheapo one. For what it cost I have no problems with it and it's got some decent power to it. I use the Ryobi most of the time now but the cheapo one still gets used when needed.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fletcher94 said:

Is the fuel braking one that much better then the regular fuel? I have two fuel non braking ones an one regular m18 brushed version. 

Only because it stops the wheel spinning quicker, don't think it's any more power. I'm on the Milwaukee platform, so obvious next step for the safety.

Guy at work has the regular fuel, they run great.... I Use it a lot with diamond wheel on clay drain lines, and chamfering PVC sch 35 pipe, sometimes I'll use it all day with the 9.0 battery it does excellent.. When i'm down in the trench cutting pipe i guess I gravitated toward the braking for that extra layer of protection...

• Like 3

1 fuel non braking, love that I reach for it first, right now has a flap disc, 2 7 amp dewalt one with a fiber abrasive one with a wire wheel, love the guard on it, 1 Bosch 6-7 amp, thing is fat and no ergonomics that has a 3" wire cup, 5 amp hitachi with a sanding pad, ya that's fun on wood mask up baby but vibrates your arms terrible, 2 7.5 amp porter cables, 1 to grind one to cut, you can put the handle on top to have a better grip as a cut off machine, very nice grinder really is just a grey dewalt, had the bl makita nice powered grinder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jronman said:

only grinder I have used is a bench grinder maybe 3-4 times ever to sharpen a scraper and a flat bar. Not sure I have ever used an angle grinder.

such a versatile tool, you don't have to be a welder or metal worker to need one, flap discs are great as you can achieve the same results as a fiber grinder discs but they don't take off as much material, great for resurfacing materials 

• Like 2