Your angle grinders

CATERPILLAR

On 12/12/2016 at 4:28 PM, JimboS1ice said:

they have some very cool attachments for angle grinders for wood working, check out arbor tech

i have used the chain saw attachment, i think it's called 'lancelot', or something like that. removes wood like a beaver.

grinders............. 4 or 5 6'' metabos, 2 or 3 4.5'' bosch, 7'' milwaukee, 1 4 1/2 dewalt,  1 black and decker, 3 die grinders, and i guess dremels should count, i think there's 3.

• Like 2

i have used the chain saw attachment, i think it's called 'lancelot', or something like that. removes wood like a beaver.

grinders............. 4 or 5 6'' metabos, 2 or 3 4.5'' bosch, 7'' milwaukee, 1 4 1/2 dewalt,  1 black and decker, 3 die grinders, and i guess dremels should count, i think there's 3.

Chain discs kind of scare me, that's a lot of tons there!! The planet discs are pretty awesome though just cost as much as a damn grinder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, pancing said:

2 Cordless metabo grinders

Cordless makita brushless

beat up new dewalt 4.5 8amp or something grinder. I need to replace the brushes on it i think, sparks like a sparkler.

Nice could u take a picture of the sparks from the brushes on the comutar how old is it also should say stamped on the the side :) 

23 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Nice could u take a picture of the sparks from the brushes on the comutar how old is it also should say stamped on the the side :) 

I already took it apart bub, the brush holders are almost touching the cummutator.

:D

1 hour ago, wildroamer said:

IMG_20161116_155018321.jpgIMG_20161029_221213971.jpgIMG_20161028_110755679.jpg

My Metabo's and my baby Bosch.

Still waiting for the FlexVolt I ordered from CPO during the Reagan administration. If it ever arrives it'll be for sale the next day.

Damn they look hella nice I though it was just the light and then I noticed it was gold for there 50 ann nice tools man :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildroamer said:

Ill be sorely tempted to compare the FlexVolt to the Metabo 6.2 when/if it arrives...IMG_20161116_155018321.jpgIMG_20161029_221213971.jpgIMG_20161028_110755679.jpg

My Metabo's and my baby Bosch.

Still waiting for the FlexVolt I ordered from CPO during the Reagan administration. If it ever arrives it'll be for sale the next day.

Would be interesting but then u would be stuck with the mello yellow lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wildroamer said:

I'll be sorely tempted to compare the FlexVolt to the Metabo if/when it arrives...

you won't be dissapointed, flexvolt is king of cordless grinders imho. I want one myself but i have enough stuff... until i eventually buy something else. Also its huge and heavy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pancing said:

you won't be dissapointed, flexvolt is king of cordless grinders imho. I want one myself but i have enough stuff... until i eventually buy something else. Also its huge and heavy.

Yea i hear the ergonomics aren't the greatest on it, I know @Stercorarius can attest to that

On 12/16/2016 at 7:15 AM, wildroamer said:

I'll be sorely tempted to compare the FlexVolt to the Metabo if/when it arrives...

Been there done that. You start using the flexvolt and think, "wow this has so much more power and kicks in really fast" it seems nicer because it's different. After a while you realize that despite it lacking in some areas it is overall a better grinder and find yourself going to grab the metabo. The best way I can explain it is the FV is like a corded shop grinder without the cord or runtime while the Metabo is an awesome portable grinder. I need to replace my metabo setup ASAP because it was always what I used in the field. The Dewalt just didn't really ever seem like a field grinder.  The DeWalt is a fun little fling but when it gets down to the real shit the Metabo is the one you put a ring on.

• Like 5

On 12/11/2016 at 5:55 PM, Bremon said:My collection is downright sad compared to some of you guys; braking Fuel and FlexVolt arehe extent of it. 

Don't feel bad...

Except for welding machines grinders are my most used tools. When I first started work I would grind the entire 11 hour shift. I only stopped for a new disk or lunch. I have moved up but still run grinders whenever needed.

When you primarily do welding/fabrication it makes sense to have multiple grinders. I have all sorts of wheels for my grinders each ready to go. If I see a grinder cheap I pick it up. I am always replacing grinders. I have burnt through all sorts of name brand electric angle grinders.

• Like 4

just don't do stupid:

[emoji37] I saw that the other day! A buddy of mine, (the young guy drilling the 6" recessed light holes with the onekey drill in one of my IG vids) while using a wire wheel in a t-shirt had the shirt blow into the wheel! He has a scar on his stomach from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

emoji37.png I saw that the other day! A buddy of mine, (the young guy drilling the 6" recessed light holes with the onekey drill in one of my IG vids) while using a wire wheel in a t-shirt had the shirt blow into the wheel! He has a scar on his stomach from it.

Ouch.

Do you guys end up pulling bits of wire out of body parts after using a wire wheel or is that just me?

• Like 2