Your angle grinders

CATERPILLAR

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a very helpful topic, I need to pickup a grinder or two. I'm looking at the Milwaukee M18 2780-20 or the Makita 18v XAG10Z for a cordless one, and the Metabo WP9-115QUICK for a corded grinder. I like the idea of the Metabo cordless ones, but they all appear to be $400+ for a kit and I can buy other tools with the money saved for my existing battery platforms.

• Like 1

This has been a very helpful topic, I need to pickup a grinder or two. I'm looking at the Milwaukee M18 2780-20 or the Makita 18v XAG10Z for a cordless one, and the Metabo WP9-115QUICK for a corded grinder. I like the idea of the Metabo cordless ones, but they all appear to be $400+ for a kit and I can buy other tools with the money saved for my existing battery platforms.

Makita is a beast of a grinder but Milwaukee has better ergonomics, quick lock nut if you get the braking, better guards and takes up to five inch discs, metabos rock any other grinder imo but you'll pay an arm and a dick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Makita is a beast of a grinder but Milwaukee has better ergonomics, quick lock nut if you get the braking, better guards and takes up to five inch discs, metabos rock any other grinder imo but you'll pay an arm and a dick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be heading to Home Depot to checkout the grinders before picking a cordless one up so I can see how they feel in my hands. The braking Milwaukee is $70 more than the regular fuel one so while I like the added safety it'll depend on whether or not I want to spend the extra money and they feel good in my hands. The Metabo corded one I am interested in is $125 or $135 if I want the gold anniversary edition, that's the only reason I'm even considering them. The cordless ones won't be added to the collection unless I find some other Metabo cordless tools and buy a bare tool.

• Like 1

On Sunday, January 01, 2017 at 8:34 PM, jtkendall said:

I'll be heading to Home Depot to checkout the grinders before picking a cordless one up so I can see how they feel in my hands. The braking Milwaukee is $70 more than the regular fuel one so while I like the added safety it'll depend on whether or not I want to spend the extra money and they feel good in my hands. The Metabo corded one I am interested in is $125 or $135 if I want the gold anniversary edition, that's the only reason I'm even considering them. The cordless ones won't be added to the collection unless I find some other Metabo cordless tools and buy a bare tool.

Buy one that is actually made in Germany ;) better quality