Anyone know of new tools out yet

Framer joe

I agree on 12v Dewalt,,ah where ? ""Sad because a lot of guys like ergonomics of the 12v drill and not the wider m12 set up...they did abandon it...shame...but if it was to create Flexvolt..ok good.....

......totally disagree with flex is another system to buy into....if you buy a FUEL mitre saw ,are you buying bare tool ? FUEL grinder bare tool ? FUEL sds max bare tool ? Your putting small batteries on them,,,I don't think so ..your buying kits with the big fuel 9ah ...and use that 9ah with all your tools...if your being DEWALT ..mitre saw,table saw, grinder, sds max..your buying kits for big batteries 9/3ah...use them in all your other tools ,,what's the difference? 

.         ...Buying Batteries is just part of business,they don't last many years after repeated hard use and daily charging...I can buy more batteries I can't invent more powerful tools to put them in..  FLEXVOLT  is Options....Flexvolt is POWA...You May Never Need That Much Raw POWER,but it is an option..

.        ....I'm with ya on Brushless everything 20v max.................btw the flex sds is 4.7 ft/lbs and the fuel is 5ft/lbs ...flex 3150 bpm...fuel 3000pbm...close but fuel wins on paper...cost  I see 799 flex 2batts9.0..fuel 650 1 batt 9.0.....

.      .    BRING ON THE NEW TOOLS !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

So, realistically, for missing brushless tools you're talking about a grinder and compact impact wrench? Brushless high torque: available. Impact drivers: available. Drills: available. Recip: coming soon. The backwards compatibility of FlexVolt packs means those batteries work on everything, and with the new 9.0 FlexVolt batteries you get more than twice the runtime of a 5.0. 

kinda funny how some Milwaukee tools are only in brushed but DeWALT has them in brushless (multitool, planner) and the stuff DeWALT has in brushed Milwaukee has in brushless (grinder, 6.5in saw, recip saw)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bremon said:

Fuel grinder with 5.0...works fine yeah. Mitre saw works but is less than ideal and it's a baby blade instead of full size. You can burn 9.0 in a pile of red tools though with no problems. 

I would rather pay for a baby blade rather than a big full sized blade.

9 hours ago, Bremon said:

Unless you want to start doubling up batteries, etc. there's going to come a point where Milwaukee can't keep up to Makita and FlexVolt with power. It's great that they want to keep forward-compatibility but there's only so much they can do. They'll end up with 20700 batteries and the runtime and draw will make new tools a possibility, but running a current 3.0-5.0 on it will mean your runtime is limited enough to be disappointing. It will all but force you to upgrade batteries, but for the "but what if I need just one more cut" guys will be satiated.

Will see... You never know what the future holds. lol

Stack of 9s maximizes charge time, but realistically I think it's best to have enough batteries to just charge at home. Trying to play musical charge with 5s is a PITA I think, more time for it to sit on the charger fully charged while you're busy working, while other batteries wait in line. 

• Like 1

I agree with what has been said here: big draw tool, big battery. Compact tool, compact battery.  

One is MUCH more likely to migrate a large battery to a compact tool (or LED light) on occasion than the other way around.

Red or yellow, most of us have/need two sets of batteries whether we care to admit it or not.  I mostly have 2Ah compact and 6Ah flexvolt batteries.  I'll add 3/9Ah flexvolt in the near future.  I don't bother with anything in-between.

What has not been mentioned here is that 20V or 60V, the charger is the same.  I may have a charger in my truck, on-site, or on my bench in the garage - I can charge any 20V or 60V flexvolt battery anywhere I want.  Feels like one platform to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric.M said:

I agree with what has been said here: big draw tool, big battery. Compact tool, compact battery.  

One is MUCH more likely to migrate a large battery to a compact tool (or LED light) on occasion than the other way around.

Red or yellow, most of us have/need two sets of batteries whether we care to admit it or not.  I mostly have 2Ah compact and 6Ah flexvolt batteries.  I'll add 3/9Ah flexvolt in the near future.  I don't bother with anything in-between.

What has not been mentioned here is that 20V or 60V, the charger is the same.  I may have a charger in my truck, on-site, or on my bench in the garage - I can charge any 20V or 60V flexvolt battery anywhere I want.  Feels like one platform to me.

I agree, feels like one platform to me as well.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 4:07 PM, Bremon said:

Price difference isn't that substantial, capacity is higher, and motor doesn't bog down as easily as the Fuel does. How often are you buying blades?

I do go through blades quite a bit. And always buy diablo.

• Like 1

To kind of stick with the thread, "Anyone know of new tools out yet."  

No.  I don't.  I wish I did.  They talked about some new tools last year.  No release date.  No clue.  I've looked all over, trying to figure out how long I need to wait.  

I wish they would say, these are our new tools, this is when they will be available.  

It's almost like they show some tools, get reactions, and then decide what they are going to make.

So, when is the 18ga brad nailer coming out?  Do I need to buy another brand?  I want to stay with DeWalt.  That's the battery platform I'm invested in.

I know I just need to buy another brand.  More batteries for the other brand.  More chargers for the other brand.  Pack the truck full of different brand batteries.

Then DeWalt will release the tool.  

Ah, yeah I can agree with you there. We have to do a lot of digging for dates. Usually info trickles from trade shows to attendees (often Instagram tool reviewers etc) to us. Diluted for sure. Info likely doesn't drop because they aren't finalized yet. Often the show models are 3D printed prototypes. 

• Like 1

I guess I also suspect some tools never make it to market.  I'm not saying DeWalt, in particular, but I suspect there are some companies that do this.  I have no proof at all.

It would see possible that a company might develop tools as concepts.  Then show off the tools at shows.  If the tool doesn't get the response they think it needs, I suspect it never makes it to production.

I can understand, if this was the case.  If, for example, it costs 2 million dollars to get a tool into production, if the pay off doesn't meet their needs or goals, they just scrap it and look for the next tool that will meet a market demand.

Since Milwaukee has several specialty tools that are geared toward a smaller market, this is probably just me thinking about it the wrong way.

One thing I know for sure.  They pay people big bucks to figure out these things.  I'm just a plain old carpenter.

I can still hope for all the new tools, the other companies are putting out there.  Don't get me wrong.  DeWalt has some benefits I don't see with the other companies.  Otherwise I wouldn't stick with them.