Jump to content

Show your Miter saw stands and ideas.


SetBuilder

Recommended Posts

I do not the space to dedicate to a full time miter station.

 

I also do not have enough patience to set one up every time I need to use it.

 

So this is my compromise setup.

 

My miter saw (and sander for that matter) is on a slide. So I pull the saw out until it hits stops and I have two threaded knobs that lock the slide in place.  In this picture the saw is pulled about 2/3 of the way out.

 

I have Fast Cap Best Fence rails for it. You can see them stored under my clamps. The Best Fence rails clip to the saw and adjustable rail mounts on the ends. You can see the left one but the right one cant be seen.

 

The saw surface planes with the work bench top so if I need to cut something short or to the left I can do so without installing the rails.

 

shop.thumb.jpg.913656d63f7ee7787eb1638bf71061ba.jpg

20140516_151518.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not as crafty as you guys, I don't have a really cool home-built stand. I just use the one that's made for the saw. My stand idea is to fold up my stand and hang it on the wall, out of the way. I could build a miter station but only if I wanted to never park in the garage. I tried to kick my wife's car out of the garage but that idea didn't fly as far as I had hoped. No space for anything that won't hang on the wall or store over the bench. Actually works out pretty good with the saw and stand hanging on the wall...saves space and keeps them easy to get at. Otherwise I'm sure they'd be buried behind a workbench or hidden in a closet somewhere...

 

 

 

Sliding Miter and Stand Mounted.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a mobile buisness so I just use the good ol' Dewalt miter saw stand. Works good enough but some days I wish I had full support. Think I might buy two sets of brackets and build a few boxes with fences on them to ride the beam. 

 

Brackets are just stupid expensive though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Got a mobile buisness so I just use the good ol' Dewalt miter saw stand. Works good enough but some days I wish I had full support. Think I might buy two sets of brackets and build a few boxes with fences on them to ride the beam. 

 

Brackets are just stupid expensive though...

Ever thought about building a portable workstation into your trailer? Connect the trailer to power and your ready to go for the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Kato said:

I'm not as crafty as you guys, I don't have a really cool home-built stand. I just use the one that's made for the saw. My stand idea is to fold up my stand and hang it on the wall, out of the way. I could build a miter station but only if I wanted to never park in the garage. I tried to kick my wife's car out of the garage but that idea didn't fly as far as I had hoped. No space for anything that won't hang on the wall or store over the bench. Actually works out pretty good with the saw and stand hanging on the wall...saves space and keeps them easy to get at. Otherwise I'm sure they'd be buried behind a workbench or hidden in a closet somewhere...

 

 

 

 

your lucky to have a garage, my vehicles are outside all the time. I was going to build a shop, have the space in back yard but no....if I want to build I have to match the house all because some yahoo deemed my area a historical part of the city and any new out buildings need to look like it was there from the beginning. On top of that , I live in the part of the country with 4 seasons, well they say 4 seasons but it is closer to 3 seasons hot warm cold! so my only option was to take over half of the basement, heated all year round, ground level entrance on one side, house is on a hill front of house basement is ground level back is not.

the best part of this is I can bring in stock or take out finished items without going through the house.....what was my point...oh ya I probably would build  a shop if I was 30 years younger.... but this works...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Ever thought about building a portable workstation into your trailer? Connect the trailer to power and your ready to go for the day.

 

There's no way I could clear enough room to dedicate half of my trailer to the saw, and I also have the 780 which is sliding, would need the Bosch Axial to make that work. If I were pulling a 25' instead of a 12' maybe. 

 

Also I live far too close to the equator to spend more than a few seconds in the trailer during the summer, it's nothing to see the interior roof peak at 140F by noon. I need to Gaco that sucker honestly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

 

There's no way I could clear enough room to dedicate half of my trailer to the saw, and I also have the 780 which is sliding, would need the Bosch Axial to make that work. If I were pulling a 25' instead of a 12' maybe. 

 

Also I live far too close to the equator to spend more than a few seconds in the trailer during the summer, it's nothing to see the interior roof peak at 140F by noon. I need to Gaco that sucker honestly. 

it doesn't have to require going into your trailer. Could turn the side walls into awning doors and you would be good to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea. I might break down and do something like this for the next trailer, could build a shelf right at the bottom height of the side door that's on heavy duty drawer slides and mount folding material supports to the exterior of the trailer on piano hinges. That would be pretty slick and I wouldn't have to lift the saw anymore. 

 

8x12-car-dealership-promotional-sales-tr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yea. I might break down and do something like this for the next trailer, could build a shelf right at the bottom height of the side door that's on heavy duty drawer slides and mount folding material supports to the exterior of the trailer on piano hinges. That would be pretty slick and I wouldn't have to lift the saw anymore. 

 

8x12-car-dealership-promotional-sales-tr

kinda like this, obviously not the same kind of trailer but slides out door can swing down for support, saw stand can collapse  

Untitled Logo.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    18,176
    Total Members
    6,555
    Most Online
    Tony Su
    Newest Member
    Tony Su
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...