Jump to content

It official now 6/7/2017


Jronman

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2017 at 11:42 PM, Bmill25 said:

I know I'm just dreaming but I'd like to see a dual battery Masonry chop saw. Stihl has one and it looks pretty cool. 

With milwaukees complete lack of experience in that area I'm not sure milAukee is the best brand to make something like this

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fuel barrel grip jigsaw and Starlock OMT, then red can have more of my money. Also anticipating a gen2 Fuel high torque impact. 

 

Gen 2 M12 Fuel drills/impacts that go on a serious diet would be received enthusiastically by yours truly as well. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 bat ope....next gen drill/impact...new lights...storage......hand tools....sander.....I hope Milwaukee proves me wrong....cuz then that will push Dewalt,if it's ho hum...then Dewalt will rest till another year.......I'm hoping Dewalt hammers down on 20vmax and flex....but not likely ....I see "tool connect wifi thing" as a major part .....god I hope I'm wrong....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Biggie said:

Rob from concord carpenter just put up a little nsp2017 preview video on youtube.  I don't know how much insider info he has but sounds like milwaukee is going to keep focusing on woodworking.

I found out he is the one who said his adjustable shoes on his reciprocating saw kept breaking. 

Many are saying a sander and cordless table saw are coming. I wouldn't be surprised if a cordless router and tracksaw show up.

Someone claimed they saw a picture of an m12 surge and a new storage system. Milwaukee posted some pictures of nps setup on instagram and supposedly they were seen on the last picture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm skeptical of an M12 Surge but that would be really cool. If they have more storage system for God's sake I hope it's an actual system and not "here's a giant tub, here's a workshop box, here's a bucket, here's an organizer, here's some bags; there, you have storage, buy lots of it".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jronman said:



Many are saying a sander and cordless table saw are coming. I wouldn't be surprised if a cordless router and tracksaw show up.

 

 

Sorry but I would much rather see a corded table saw and track saw from Milwaukee proven, before a cordless version.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Like their 10" mitre? Oh wait... yes I agree with your point ? 

Good point! I was all set to buy one till some of the reviews started coming in and then I decided against a cordless miter saw. 

I think the bearings are going in my Dewalt non slider 12in saw. So I am currently undecided on what to replace it with. I may hold out and see what the Festool Kapax 60 goes for or just buy another Dewalt. I have another Dewalt 12in slider that is in great shape.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

I'm skeptical of an M12 Surge but that would be really cool. If they have more storage system for God's sake I hope it's an actual system and not "here's a giant tub, here's a workshop box, here's a bucket, here's an organizer, here's some bags; there, you have storage, buy lots of it".

Holdzall (or Carryzall?) the new rival to Tough System and Ridgid pro boxes

 

@SetBuilder if you want a good cordless miter it would be hard to go wrong with the 790 and if you decide you don't like the cordless aspect you can always use the cord adapter. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

I was hoping for a cordless router, but after using Ridgids, cordless router I would not bother buying one. If they updated the M18 jig saw, I would grab that.

 

M18 jigsaw definitely needs an upgrade. I'd like to see two brushless jigsaws, the m12 could use orbital and brushless. M18 needs to add an LED and brushless.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

I found out he is the one who said his adjustable shoes on his reciprocating saw kept breaking. 

Many are saying a sander and cordless table saw are coming. I wouldn't be surprised if a cordless router and tracksaw show up.

Someone claimed they saw a picture of an m12 surge and a new storage system. Milwaukee posted some pictures of nps setup on instagram and supposedly they were seen on the last picture.

Nah that's just Eric from MechanicalHub dreaming out loud lol 

 

17 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

With milwaukees complete lack of experience in that area I'm not sure milAukee is the best brand to make something like this

Not that they should or shouldn't do those tools, but everyone started with zero experience at some point 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even though I am no longer on any Milwaukee Platform, I feel compelled to put in my $.02

They need to seriously fix the size, weight and balance of most drills and impacts. Everyone else has done it, it's their turn.

Unified, interlocking storage would be awesome. Especially if they can find a good fit between a Tough Sytem and a Tstak.

Design a better M12 handle that doesn't point up, seriously, how did that seem like a good idea?
I don't think Milwaukee needs sub compact 18v, they have an amazing line of 12v, they just need better design and lighter weight. My 18v sub compact makita is way lighter than my old M12 Fuel impact!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta agree with the idea of competition to the tough system. The Milwaukee tool box that is supposed to compete with the tough system just doesn't cut it. I won't be in the market for a "carryzall" because I bought the tough system and couldn't be happier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bmill25 said:

Gotta agree with the idea of competition to the tough system. The Milwaukee tool box that is supposed to compete with the tough system just doesn't cut it. I won't be in the market for a "carryzall" because I bought the tough system and couldn't be happier. 

Id say make the system like Tanos has done with the Systainer. Allow companies to sell their products in Systainers. Festool is probably the most well know company that uses them. I wouldn't mind having a modular box standard or at least compatibility with tough system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New batteries with new 21700 cells apparently. I wonder if they'll get Fuel branding or what the new slick buzzwords will be for them. 

 

A quick google search shows 21700 cells were announced only 5 months ago so I'm curious to see Milwaukee's roadmap for these to hit the market. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

New batteries with new 21700 cells apparently. I wonder if they'll get Fuel branding or what the new slick buzzwords will be for them. 

 

A quick google search shows 21700 cells were announced only 5 months ago so I'm curious to see Milwaukee's roadmap for these to hit the market. 

Lol yep you can count on Milwaukee to put their buzzwords on them puppies

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    18,248
    Total Members
    6,555
    Most Online
    TerryL47
    Newest Member
    TerryL47
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...