Milwaukee packout

Framer joe

I received a couple of the Packout totes, which I'll be using as standalone items. Really nice. A little pricey, but still a good bit less than a Veto. Have never seen a Veto in person, so can't really fairly compare them, to be honest. As for the system, not something that really fits the way I work, though I may try some at home at some point.

I'd really like to see a comparison between the new Milwaukee packout totes and Veto, it seems that is what they're going after. I haven't seen either in person but they look comparable, and if they are the Milwaukee is an incredible value.

I've wanted a Veto for a while but even with the amazing reviews, the price is a bit ridiculous to me. You can't even justify it as it being expensive because of where it's made.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:52 PM, BMack37 said:

I'd really like to see a comparison between the new Milwaukee packout totes and Veto, it seems that is what they're going after. I haven't seen either in person but they look comparable, and if they are the Milwaukee is an incredible value.

I've wanted a Veto for a while but even with the amazing reviews, the price is a bit ridiculous to me. You can't even justify it as it being expensive because of where it's made.

Each of the totes here has everything in it that was in my Ergodyne bag. The Ergodyne bag is a $160 bag, so probably very similar in quality to the Veto, and while I'd say these Milwaukee bags might not be quite at that level, they are close, yet substantially cheaper. I could see getting years out of them, and for anyone other than an everyday pro, they are a lifetime item.

That's probably 35-40 pounds of tools. That load felt lighter in both of the Packout bags that it does in the Ergodyne, and significantly lighter in the 10", probably due to balance.

I left the stuff in the 15" bag, and sure enough, I ended up having to do something outside in a drizzle this morning. So, while the access to my tools is certainly a bit easier in the open ones, there's a reminder of one of the reasons that I got away from the open bags years ago.

I scored my Ergodyne on clearance for $25. If I hadn't, I might have treated myself to a Veto at some point, but that's a lot to pay for a tool bag. The Packouts seem like a much better value. I'd like to see a closed option in the future.

Packout10.jpg

Packout15.jpg

Ergodyne1a.jpg

• Like 1

The Ergodyne bag is a $160 bag, so probably very similar in quality to the Veto, and while I'd say these Milwaukee bags might not be quite at that level, they are close, yet substantially cheaper..

There is no comparison between Ergodyne and Veto.
Ergodyne was one of the first tough bags, but they haven’t really kept up. Veto is expensive, but no one makes a bag as tough as they do. I have had em all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

I think that I'm going to pick-up one of the packout bags. They are made with 1680 Ballistic Material same as their toolbelt and that thing wears like iron. I have a couple of the Veto bag and they are nice but for less then half I can get a similar packout bag.  I think that the molded base is what make the Veto or Milwaukee bag. Most bags you buy the sides hold up but the bottoms wear out.

• Like 1

I think it looks awesome, as I read the review on here and have been following the Canadian guys on IG and they seem to like it. I guess I want to read a review of someone using it on a site.... so I can see how handy it is and practical in working conditions. I would be interested in getting one, as the house I flipped earlier in the year was a cluster with tools all over... maybe this would help? 

FB82

I think it looks awesome, as I read the review on here and have been following the Canadian guys on IG and they seem to like it. I guess I want to read a review of someone using it on a site.... so I can see how handy it is and practical in working conditions. I would be interested in getting one, as the house I flipped earlier in the year was a cluster with tools all over... maybe this would help? 

FB82

It’s an awesome system don’t get me wrong just not for me and my needs. The bags seem very well built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@JimboS1ice, yeah I can see a few negative to it for working, depending on your needs. I know a few of the things I read said that people didn't like it because it didn't have drawers? Which makes sense, but on the other hand I think your tools are safer from the elements in this system because of that fact? I could me wrong, but just my initial thoughts on that particular comment.

FB82

6 hours ago, Jronman said:

One thing to note that this is just "wave one" of packout products. Milwaukee says more is to come. I'd expect some kind of drawer unit and tote when more packout is announced since they are some of the more common options.

I agree 100%. I imagine multiple sizes too. 2-drawer, 3-drawer. Full sized open crate, half-sized milk crate. radio/speakers, etc

I don't think they'll have it but imagine a rolling base unit with a battery powered air compressor in it.

It’s interesting to me because. I have the tough system and Tstak....so I was hoping dozens of guys would have bought it by now and said how great it is......I have an order in just to do a video of me dropping it on the corners and using it at work in the dirt and mud.....im very happy Milwaukee guys finally got a nice system, it just seems a lot of guys won’t pay the high price...??

Just about any line of modular storage system has its pros and cons when compared to other modular systems. I like aspects of just about any of the systems. Feature set, durability, quality, price, and customizability are all things different between the systems. There isn't really the "ideal" system.

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

It’s interesting to me because. I have the tough system and Tstak....so I was hoping dozens of guys would have bought it by now and said how great it is......I have an order in just to do a video of me dropping it on the corners and using it at work in the dirt and mud.....im very happy Milwaukee guys finally got a nice system, it just seems a lot of guys won’t pay the high price...??

It's really early and it's not like people are going to throw out what they already have. Most customers for this system already have some...I imagine it will be pick up over the next two years, it will probably get a holiday sale and some will bite then.

• Like 1

I like the idea, look, and overall options of Packout, but the price is stopping me from really considering it. $80-$130 for totes seems really high (I'm not a tote guy so it may just be I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a bag). Some boxes are more reasonably priced and near the ToughSystem price while others are more expensive. @justinkendall just ordered some TSTAK's that I'm going to try fitting my tools in, if they fit in them I'll be ordering a set, if they don't then I'll have to compare ToughSystem v. Packout and make a decision.

Due to the price of the DeWalt Toughsystem most DIYers do not see the value. In turn most Home Depot’s in my area have clearanced them out to my benefit [emoji106]. I see the same thing happening with the PAC Out [emoji16]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 77Ford01 said:

Due to the price of the DeWalt Toughsystem most DIYers do not see the value. In turn most Home Depot’s in my area have clearanced them out to my benefit emoji106.png. I see the same thing happening with the PAC Out emoji16.png

I have yet to see a TSTAK or ToughSystem box at my local depot, it sure would make figuring out what actually fits in them easier. Of course my depot also doesn’t have an aisle of tool chests like I keep seeing people post either. Maybe I just have a crappy depot overall.

I have yet to see a TSTAK or ToughSystem box at my local depot, it sure would make figuring out what actually fits in them easier. Of course my depot also doesn’t have an aisle of tool chests like I keep seeing people post either. Maybe I just have a crappy depot overall.

I really liked the weight of the TStak, the problem is that nothing bigger than a drill will fit in them!
That’s the biggest issue I have with most modular systems, they weigh as much as the tools!