Upcoming Tools 17-18

Claeg

Some people talk crap about Ryobi, I will admit their old cutting tools were weak even with Lion batteries. I wonder what happened to the High Capacity batteries from Ryobi that was talked about a year ago? It's not going to happen?

I have waited for a cordless shop vac for a long time. I was hoping for something like Milwaukee's 2 gal. shop vac. This is more than I ever hoped for. I will buy one as soon as I can. Now I am just waiting for them to release a framing nailer.

• 3 weeks later...

Ryobi dropped its cordless vac years ago, and it's taken this long to replace it? Is there that much demand for vacs that there is a second one when the brand is so far behind the alternatives?

"Ryobi is celebrating a milestone of adding the 100th cordless tool..."

Newsflash, Makita and Milwaukee claim to have passed that milestone two years ago. Makita only had a handful of 18V tools when Ryobi introduced One Plus, and became the market leader for years, but sadly, I've had no reason to buy another Ryobi tool for a long, long time.

Makita introduced the 18v angle impact driver in 2007. It took until 2014 for Milwaukee's kissing cousing to be introduced, and Ryobi still does not have one (there does not appear to be one of the horizon either).

I hope these introductions mean Ryobi may be attempting a comeback, but re-hashing old products to go brushless isn't enough.

13 hours ago, portajon said:

Ryobi dropped its cordless vac years ago, and it's taken this long to replace it? Is there that much demand for vacs that there is a second one when the brand is so far behind the alternatives?

"Ryobi is celebrating a milestone of adding the 100th cordless tool..."

Newsflash, Makita and Milwaukee claim to have passed that milestone two years ago. Makita only had a handful of 18V tools when Ryobi introduced One Plus, and became the market leader for years, but sadly, I've had no reason to buy another Ryobi tool for a long, long time.

Makita introduced the 18v angle impact driver in 2007. It took until 2014 for Milwaukee's kissing cousing to be introduced, and Ryobi still does not have one (there does not appear to be one of the horizon either).

I hope these introductions mean Ryobi may be attempting a comeback, but re-hashing old products to go brushless isn't enough.

Technically Ryobi does have an angled impact driver. There is the Ridgid Jobmax angled impact driver and all Jobmax tools are compatible with Ryobi's Jobplus.  

On 11/28/2017 at 3:00 AM, portajon said:

Actually updating the line up with brushless is exactly  what's been needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, khariV said:

Ryobi UFO!

multi-colored-ryobi-pool-accessories-p35

Actually, it's a floating pool speaker, but it looks like a UFO!

Available in March.  Who's getting one?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-RYOBI-18-Volt-ONE-Floating-Speaker-Light-Show-with-Bluetooth-P3520/302771339

Gimme

On 11/28/2017 at 2:00 AM, portajon said:

New ones too, I saw this Garage Door Opener recently on a Power Tool News website, not that it interested me....lol 

jgi4h8dy5r7lj0qjlbgh.jpg