12AH battery

slopjock78

$200 isn't bad. Only issue is a 2 hour charge on a fast charger is a bit slow. DeWALT needs a faster fast charger. [mention=55531]Framer joe[/mention] MOAR POWA!
$200 is just a guess, if you have this battery you have more batteries charge time does not even matter to me any more I have so many batteries

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I will be interested to see what they price this batteries at.  I have 8 of the original 6/2 amp batteries, so I dont have a real big need for this battery, but if it's priced decent enough, I may have to pick one up to see how it does
$249 for one, probably $329 for a 2 pack. Prices will drop and sales will occur as with everything.

The 9.0ah FlexVolt has an MSRP of $199 for one.

The 9.0ah usually gives double the runtime of the 6.0ah FlexVolt in a FlexVolt tool. This should provide similar results.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oh ya , just was reading about that. I read 21700 cells ? Same body size as the existing 9ah and about the same weight as I see the comments above me.....price will definitely drop, but I’ll get a few. Good thing is,you don’t need to buy as many.

Can’t wait to see Milwaukee’s answers coming up soon....I’m sure they have a 12ah, and high tech..funny how Dewalt put this out first this time ahead of the Milwaukee event....

love the competition,we all win. Personally I don’t think I’d buy a bigger battery then this size....hopefully someone is working on smaller,more powerful cells and more POWA inside.... @Jronman

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Oh ya , just was reading about that. I read 21700 cells ? Same body size as the existing 9ah and about the same weight as I see the comments above me.....price will definitely drop, but I’ll get a few. Good thing is,you don’t need to buy as many.

Can’t wait to see Milwaukee’s answers coming up soon....I’m sure they have a 12ah, and high tech..funny how Dewalt put this out first this time ahead of the Milwaukee event....

love the competition,we all win. Personally I don’t think I’d buy a bigger battery then this size....hopefully someone is working on smaller,more powerful cells and more POWA inside.... @Jronman

I would agree, at some point it gets where we simply dont need bigger batteries.  Making a given battery SMALL I think is the direction companies will be headed soon.  When you get to the point where a battery will get you through multiple days of work....bigger just wont be necessary.  

I would agree, at some point it gets where we simply dont need bigger batteries.  Making a given battery SMALL I think is the direction companies will be headed soon.  When you get to the point where a battery will get you through multiple days of work....bigger just wont be necessary.  
We will probably see a new line of slim batteries soon with the new cells a 5.0 slim would be freaking awesome

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All I can say, is "wow!"  I'm not a heavy tool user normally (at least at the moment), but I'm surprised at how quickly battery capacity has first doubled and now quadrupled in the past few years.  When I bought I DeWalt OPE in 2016, it came with the then-high capacity 5Ah batteries.  At the time, 3Ah was still fading out as the larger battery found in kits (I found a Toolguyd post about the release of the 4Ah battery in April 2013).  To think that only five years later a battery with 3x the capacity would be released is unfathomable, considering how many years most 18v lines stuck with batteries with almost 10% of the capacity (1.3Ah).  I rarely exhaust my three 6Ah FlexVolt and single 6Ah XR batteries, but if I can find them for a decent price, I'll be picking up a couple of these for the miter saw.

On 4/25/2018 at 7:52 AM, The.Handyman said:

$249 for one, probably $329 for a 2 pack. Prices will drop and sales will occur as with everything.

The 9.0ah FlexVolt has an MSRP of $199 for one.

The 9.0ah usually gives double the runtime of the 6.0ah FlexVolt in a FlexVolt tool. This should provide similar results.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks like you were spot on......https://www.toolnut.com/on-sale/dewalt-power-tool-accessories-discount-sale/dewalt-dcb612-20v-60v-max-flexvolt-12-0ah-battery.html

• Like 1