DEWALT LAUNCHES NEW CONTRACTOR LEVELS AND RAFTER SQUARES

kanxrus

roll_normal.jpg

Press Release;

DEWALT LAUNCHES NEW CONTRACTOR LEVELS AND RAFTER SQUARES

November 2009 – DEWALT, a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools, is proud to introduce its new line of levels and rafter squares for professional contractors. The DEWALT levels and squares offer increased durability, strength and accuracy on the jobsite.

DEWALT's new line of products will be licensed, developed and manufactured by Empire Level, the leading designer and innovator of accurate levels and measuring tools.

The revolutionary new product combines industry leading patented technology with innovative features to produce the most durable and easy to use level on the market today. The result is a 250% stronger level.

DEWALT Levels and Squares will be available in March 2010.

About DEWALT( www.dewalt.com

DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools with more than 300 power tool and equipment products as well as 800 power tool accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors and nailers, as well as saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more. DEWALT tools can be found wherever tools are sold, nationally and internationally. With over 1,000 factory owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America.

About Empire Level ( www.empirelevel.com)

Empire Level is the home of True Blue®—the most accurate vials in the world. The blue fluid in Empire level vials is a unique symbol of superior accuracy and a trademark of Empire Level Mfg. Corp. For over 90 years, Empire has been the leading designer and innovator of accurate and durable measuring tools for the professional end user. Company contact: Ged King, Empire Level, (336) 402-0089, gking@empirelevel.com.

About DeWALT (www.dewalt.com)

DeWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools with more than 300 power tool and equipment products as well as 800 power tool accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors and nailers, as well as saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more. DeWALT tools can be found wherever tools are sold, nationally and internationally. With over 1,000 factory owned and authorized locations, DeWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America.

For additional news and editorial inquiries contact Warschawski Public Relations , 410-367-2700

CHECKOUT DEWALT LEVELS.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

These are very similar to the Empire's, and very different than the Stanley/Bostitch.

The key differences in the levels between the DeWalt and the Empire are the shocks on the end, the calibration of the bubbles, "windows" on the verticle bubbles that offer better visability, and most importantly, the DeWalt has a complete inner structure of gussets and strengthening bracing that the Empire do not have. 

I do not have any information on the differences in the speed squares, but they look pretty similar to me.

Bostitch levels are a different story entirely, as they step up the quality in pretty much every aspect.  The only downside to them (and benefit to the DeWalt) is that the Bostitch are quite a bit larger in diameter. 

• 1 month later...

If you're in the run for a DeWalt level, grab one while they're still available as DeWalt and Empire Level agreed to end their partnership.

01/25/2011

BALTIMORE & MUKWONAGO, WI -- DEWALT, the leading manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, and Empire Level Mfg. Corp., the industry leader in developing accurate levels and measuring tools, announced today that they will end their partnership on the private label line of professional box levels that Empire Level licensed, designed and manufactured in 2010 under the DEWALT brand.

In February 2010, the companies launched the DEWALT levels in retailers nationwide after many months of development, and the products enjoyed strong sales success. However, the acquisition of DEWALT by Stanley Work in 2010, created an undesirable competitive situation, and both parties felt the best action moving forward was to end the partnership.

"We're disappointed that this agreement didn't work out as planned, but we certainly understand that a partner who becomes a direct competitor through acquisition is an untenable situation, and we're pleased that an amicable resolution has been reached," said Jenni Becker, President of Empire Level Mfg. Corp.

"Though we enjoyed working with Empire Level, we're pleased that we were able to come to an agreement to exit our partnership, which pre-existed the acquisition and was no longer appropriate for either brand," said Jennifer Ervin, Director of New Business Development, DEWALT. "Empire Level has been a great partner and we wish them well."

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had no idea that there were DeWalt levels until I went into Menards the other day for some paint and decided to take a stroll through the hand tools.  I have a couple of Empire levels, a 24 inch and a 78 inch.  My 48" level was a plastic or fiberglass I guess, it was given to me years ago.  I've been meaning to buy a nice 48 and when I saw this one I decided to pick it up.  It was originally marked 99.99 but was half price.  I would NOT have paid the full hundred dollars for it.  I think the 50 I paid is a great price, but had it not been on sale I would have paid no more than 60ish for it.

I had no idea that there were DeWalt levels until I went into Menards the other day for some paint and decided to take a stroll through the hand tools.  I have a couple of Empire levels, a 24 inch and a 78 inch.  My 48" level was a plastic or fiberglass I guess, it was given to me years ago.  I've been meaning to buy a nice 48 and when I saw this one I decided to pick it up.  It was originally marked 99.99 but was half price.  I would NOT have paid the full hundred dollars for it.  I think the 50 I paid is a great price, but had it not been on sale I would have paid no more than 60ish for it.

the level looks tough, but its a little too heavy for my liking.

It is heavy, but I actually kind of liked a little weight to it.  My other one was so light that if I leaned it against something it often blew over in a gust of wind.  This one seems like it's weight combined with those nice rubbery ends mean if I lean it on something it'll stay put.  I was thinking about looking for the 72" but I have a 78" empire (got for 60 dollars) already that has done me well.  My 78 is also magnetic, which I believe the DeWalt is not.  The lack of a magnetic side and the 150 dollar price will keep me away.  I'd pay about 100 for it....but 150....nah I'm good!

• 2 months later...

Archived