See What makes a M18 tic

regopit

I think he meant the marketing was bs not the actual batteries themselves as he said they were plain Jane nothing out if the ordinary. In some ways he's right as it is bs as all it really is is just marketing. Like apple devices and "retina" displays. Android has improved their displays way beyond the ppi of a Retina display but the average person just sees the marketing and sees the superior android display and device as inferior since it don't have "retina" technology.

Same could be said about someone buying a fuel branded tool because the "fuel" branding makes it seen superior or an "XR" or "core" or "EC" tool over a makita brushless tool as makita doesn't have a marketing name for their brushless stuff

I understand but he's saying they are nothing special and that they are shit, looks decent quality too me, also it's a huge improvement from the drill laying next to it... In runtime, power, technology it's almost day and night in runtime and recharge time. I think he was just a little bit out there to call them shit that's all. Like what was he exspecting to find a bucnh of small Asian kids working slaving away in his battery?

He is saying the batteries inside them are standard Samsung 18650 batteries, they are not made by Milwaukee and can be purchased on the open market. Just stating the Redlithium is a marketing ploy to sound special, similar to the Dewalts or as he states Dewilts 20V

He just tries to see if they are using quality parts inside, if you open a Cheap $20 drill you might not get the same name brand internal components. Take the important pieces out i.e. the manufacturer of the components and tech knowledge rather than his inserted commentary.

Personally I think his commentary is humorous, plus I don't this he was meant to be insulting as he did purchase it because his 14.4 is dead and he seems to be a die hard Milwaukee guy.

Just when you thought everyone's sleeping lol yeah it's just a name for the batteries to show that they are different from the previous, of corse they are gonna give them a cool name! But the fact of the matter is they work great, the runtime is amazing, and I've never had an issue with one of my fifteen batteries I own (both m12/m18) all types and I think he's full of it

• Like 1

The red lithium is just a name, but those Samsung batteries are very good. They might be the same 18650 size as your laptop batteries, but the Samsung are much higher drain than the type in a laptop.

An average laptop ICR18650 would be capable of between 5 and 7 amps on its own. Some of those Samsung INR18650's are capable of supplying 30Amps.

Marketing is what marketing is. I prevented lots of unwanted pregnancies with generic rubbers purchased for 50 cents in the gas station shithouse, but Trojan sounds cooler than ValueRide or MiniTarp

Quite simply one of the greatest analogies ever used.