Orbit sander recommendations?

StayGold661

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/3889-best-random-orbital-sander/?hl=orbital

I just bought the Bosch 5" ROS20VSK.

It's my first ROS, but after lots of research I went the Bosch over the Dewalt. That dust filter is amazing. I honestly don't feel the need to wear a mask or glasses unless I'm sanding above chest height. If this is high on your priority list, look no where else.

Check out this comparison that I found helpful.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/work-order-tracking/tool-test--5-inch-random-orbit-sanders_6.aspx

I have had the DeWalt, Ridgid, and the Bosch and the are all good RO sanders, the weak spot is the dust collection. I have sold them all and have gone with Festool. When working in someones home the last thing you want to hear is someone bitching about the dust going through their house. Festool's dust collection is the best out there, It leaves very little or no dust behind. With that said it comes with a price.

• Like 1

I'm with Regopit, I just gave my last one away, a great little Hitachi. To add to Regopit's comment, you are going to pay for it but....I re mudded my addition and sanded it with the RO90 and Midi vac. NO DUST...NO MASK...NO SAFETY GLASSES!!

Well worth the money. Plus the brushless gear driven motor awesome tool. Bosch is great but dust collection is always a pain. I bet the new Bosch Hepa vac might help but just as expensive as my Festool.

• Like 1

I have had the DeWalt, Ridgid, and the Bosch and the are all good RO sanders, the weak spot is the dust collection. I have sold them all and have gone with Festool. When working in someones home the last thing you want to hear is someone bitching about the dust going through their house. Festool's dust collection is the best out there, It leaves very little or no dust behind. With that said it comes with a price.

I second this and for sanding the price is worth it. You could drop the barrier to entry and just use a shop vac and not buy an extractor, but I freakin love my ct26. Best Vacuum I have ever purchased, there is something really nice about quiet dustless sanding.

Dust collection isn't so much an issue cause we have a rigid shop vac that you can hook up so the Sanders only issue is that's another hose in your way! ;P

So going slightly OT, but I bought a Bosch ROS20VSC kit, and after looking around the innerwebs, I see that Bosch also makes a ROS20VSK that comes with a hard case, rather than a bag. Does anybody know where I can get the case? Assuming it's not 50% of the cost of the sander, of course...