Back again

firefighter4187

Well guys i am back again, it was pouring and i said i need to get on the forum, but i have been swamped lately, from work, i also haver been hauling lots of srap metal, last wednesday i haauled 10,300 pounds worth, also at one job i am rehabbing a deck, truck is running good, had to put a new water pump, radiator, injector drive module. Also just did front and rear brakes. Also started another project, 12 ft jon boat. Also i am about to buy a trailer, looking at a low deck 20 ft gooseneck, also some other 19ft bumper pulls. But here are some recent pictures and everyone let me know what is new? Any big things happen? And my fuel drill is running great.

New steel rear bumper

D1490AC6-6B5E-4839-8CCA-893231380AE7_zps

Black mirrors

53A8772A-65BF-4C94-8D6B-0AA6A9786C0E_zps

JOn boat

9FFB504A-F9D1-4773-A2DB-B7C39544FF91_zps

Scrap metal

3CE6FAA9-6A6C-4C46-BF36-65B237BE6910_zps

Also put a performance 6 position tuner in the truck

Hey Chase is back!! Welcome Back!! On getting a goose neck I have a friend that flips campers and he stays away from 5th wheels because they are harder to sell than a normal hitch camper. Your market is limited to only people with pickup trucks when you try to sell it later on. If a goose neck is the best setup then go for it I just wanted to add what I have seen and heard.

I'd add too Chase....if your GVWR is greater than 10,000 (single OR with trailer) and you are hauling scrap for compensation, you are a commercial vehicle and need a medical card, hours of service, pre trip inspection commercial motor vehicle markings (company name) yada yada yada so just be wary of that!

• Like 1

Totally forgot about that too. That's why guys with tool trailers don't get ones that are super big or load them up to be too heavy. The hassle of being a commercial rated truck isn't Worth the effort. You might want to pick up some liability insurance just in case even if you keep your weigh down and don't have to be rated as a commercial truck. I don't think it would be too expensive in your case.

Hmmm dot must be very lenient on it here in florida, the guys i am possibly buying this trailer from just purchased a 48 foot gooseneck to haul box trucks on,i was questioning them about it and they said the only thing they are doing is making some  modifications to the towing truck, no insurance, license numbers on the truck or anything like that.

I think it comes down to how aggressive you state enforces the federal rules. They spell out the rules on this page. http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/do-i-need-usdot-number Oh here is the rule it only applies to interstate commerce. Your fine if your over 10,000 pounds in the state of Florida, but you can get busted had if you drove and got scrap outside the state of Florida or took scrap out of the state.

I think it comes down to how aggressive you state enforces the federal rules. They spell out the rules on this page. http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/do-i-need-usdot-number Oh here is the rule it only applies to interstate commerce. Your fine if your over 10,000 pounds in the state of Florida, but you can get busted had if you drove and got scrap outside the state of Florida or took scrap out of the state.

Oh ok then i will be good, i will hardly ever even take the trailer on the interstate, the only reason im jumping on this gooseneck is because its has a low deck hich is rare and isnt to long. hopefully going to work a deal out tomorrow,

Chase, you little asshole! Welcome back!!

I finally upgraded to the Fuel Hammer Drill and Impact. No regrets.

I was in Ormond Beach long enough to eat lunch at the Cracker Barrel right off 95 about a month ago. If I'd known you were still alive I'd have hit you up.

You gonna stick around this time?

• Like 1

Chase, you little asshole! Welcome back!!

I finally upgraded to the Fuel Hammer Drill and Impact. No regrets.

I was in Ormond Beach long enough to eat lunch at the Cracker Barrel right off 95 about a month ago. If I'd known you were still alive I'd have hit you up.

You gonna stick around this time?

No shit haha thats right down the road from me haha!!! Yes i am planning on it!! Haha