Modular tool boxes, who has them ?

JeremyJ

There are now many types of modular tool boxes available and they all have their advantages  / disadvantages. I'm talking about Festool's Systainer, Bosch's LBoxx and Dewalt's Tough Box / TStak . They all now have a nice range of boxes; small parts organizing, large tool, carts, etc. I have some experience with the Systainer through my job but none with the others. Systainers are mostly out of my price range right now, but I love the efficiency of the modular tool boxes. I have no loyalty to a brand as I'm a Milwaukee guy.

I was wondering who has them, what version you purchased and have they made you more efficient?

How about the things you noticed after you made the purchase and put your tools in them?

I have 7 Systainers

5 l boxxes

1 Tough System

I love all of them. The Dewalt is great but I love my l boxxes and especially Systainers. For modular usefulness, I am sticking with The Systainers. The l boxxes are great also, just couple with my midi the Systainers are the way for me to go. The tough system is phenomenal and is by far the box I would use out of the shop as the structural foam is extremely dense.

I have pretty much converted all my non festool tools into systainers, it was a gradual process but having a fair amount of festools that already came with them I really wanted to stick to one system.

While I'll admit they aren't the most rugged boxes out there they are plenty durable for non abusive situations.. also I just think the t-loc mechanism is the best latching and interlocking system available

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the way you think!!

Like I tell the wife "well I could spend my money on staying out late and drinking at the bar but I choose to spend it on tools so I can make money and put a roof over our heads and give you things you want" No complaints. 

Like I tell the wife "well I could spend my money on staying out late and drinking at the bar but I choose to spend it on tools so I can make money and put a roof over our heads and give you things you want" No complaints.

. Yup that used to b me but I will admit this is a bit more pricey then drinking but she's happy cus it keeps me home. :)