Dewalt track vs Sherlock Holmes

Kenneth Denmark

• 2 weeks later...

There's a hole to the right of it isn't there? It definitely looks like it's for a parallel guide..is there one on the back as well?

I've seen the ts55 and it has the same setup as the dewalt,I'm thinking interchangeable between them???

We need a festool geek to step in..

http://www.slingers1858.co.uk/PA-TS-55-Parallel-side-fence-491469.html

• Like 1

I'll chyme in Frain....and I'm NOT a geek. Well....at least my Mommy told me I'm not!

I would agree with Frain, Although my TS55REQ front looks different from that I'd bet that is a series of small support brackets to support the guide rail. You can see a small lip on each the obtrusions if you enlarge the picture. Maybe Mommy is wrong...I AM A GEEK!!!!!

Anyways, if I had to guess, this cuts down on material cost and maybe weight (but seriously not that much) but it appears to be the support portion of the shoe for the guide rail.

• Like 2

And speaking of track saws....I still cannot get over the edge my TS55 leaves behind on rough plywood. Yesterday I was adding a 3/4" piece to an existing prep table I had made so I can sit my Dewalt planer on it. The edge is so smooth. No sanding required. On general,purpose plywood!

There's a hole to the right of it isn't there? It definitely looks like it's for a parallel guide..is there one on the back as well?

I've seen the ts55 and it has the same setup as the dewalt,I'm thinking interchangeable between them???

We need a festool geek to step in..

http://www.slingers1858.co.uk/PA-TS-55-Parallel-side-fence-491469.html

You're on to something here! The DeWALT has that on both the front AND back...

DSC_1740.JPG

I think Frain solved it.

Looking at the PA-TS55 rip fence from Festool it comes with 2 clips to secure it to the saw.

Now look at the way it secures on the TS-55 and look at the indents on the DWS520. Bet that fits like a glove!

PA-TS55%20fits%20DWS520%3F.png

I'm gonna shell out and buy one and let you guys know. That would be so great to use it with a fence as well!

And since there's no green on that fence noone will know it's a Festool..... hahaha :D

• Like 2