concrete coffee table

Swaglosrevival

Here is a Coffee table I made with a concrete top. The base is just pine with pressure treated 4×4's as legs with cherry stain. I used a black dye to make the concrete darker then the normal gray.

(I wanted it blacker but w/e) It's 4'×3'

I want to seal it, but I'm not sure what to use yet.

This is my first furniture build btw.

Looks really nice bddhome. I like the concrete counter top look. You have to have the right look to pull it off though. It's more of an industrial look in some ways. Yea, I would seal that before anyone spills anything on it and stains it. I would get a really nice matte finish concrete sealer. I think high gloss would make it look too shiny.

Looks really nice bddhome. I like the concrete counter top look. You have to have the right look to pull it off though. It's more of an industrial look in some ways. Yea, I would seal that before anyone spills anything on it and stains it. I would get a really nice matte finish concrete sealer. I think high gloss would make it look too shiny.

I agree I don't think a gloss will complement it. A matter finish would be best. THanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I've don't concrete counters a few times. We actually polish the concrete up to 10,000 grit diamond pads and a wet polisher. We put glass in the concrete, glow sand, aluminum, various tumbled rocks. Lots of stuff. Maximizer had some really cool aggregate after you polish it down.

I've don't concrete counters a few times. We actually polish the concrete up to 10,000 grit diamond pads and a wet polisher. We put glass in the concrete, glow sand, aluminum, various tumbled rocks. Lots of stuff. Maximizer had some really cool aggregate after you polish it down.

You should make a video guide on how to do it.

• 2 months later...