you know what a cordless tool manufacturer needs to do?

astroboy

my right hand made in to a fist spells my name on my tools......just kidding....I don't work in the field any more or a shop among other workers so I don't really need my name on them however back in the day I used to hide my name somewhere under a cover plate or somewhere not noticeable so that way if it came time to proof something it was there still and not scratched off because it wasn't right in your face......

• Like 1

Engrave is the best way to go :}  It is harder for a thief to remove.

I have a buddy who records the serial number engraves his name and then takes a paint pen over it then takes off the case engraves the inside and colors the inside with a highlighter so when it gets hit with a black light it glows like Christmas lights I call him paranoid but it sounds like an okay idea. 

I have a buddy who records the serial number engraves his name and then takes a paint pen over it then takes off the case engraves the inside and colors the inside with a highlighter so when it gets hit with a black light it glows like Christmas lights I call him paranoid but it sounds like an okay idea.

Just because it's a good idea doesn't mean you can't bust his chops over it... That's what friends are for!

you can only do so much......if they are gonna take them they are gonna take them regardless if there is a name on them or not.....same as they say locks are only for honest people .......