Watching Holmes on Homes

RobertMcNjr

I have watched a few times and the the other show that he does Holmes inspection and some of the things that he picks out he goes way overboard on. I have seen him find some obscure thing and look over something that was so blatant a blind man could have seen.  

• Like 1

All I can think of right now is to Spray Foam everything!!! Like Regiopit he can be picky over things that don't make sense, and like Comp56 mentioned he lives a world it seems where materials cost nothing. This Old House can be guilty of that too, but that show going in is pretty much all about big dollar renovations and product placement. You donate materials and equipment for camera time or a small segment on the show.

This was one show that I thought was good for the general public to see. As a contractor, ive noticed people's perception of how long a job should take and what it should cost are so far off because of all these weekend kitchen remodel shows and super low budget/quality flip shows. Mike Holmes actually showed people that there is a downside to fast and cheap work and often renovations aren't cheap to do it right.. I wish there were more shows like it and less of the other garbage.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...