Makita family portrait

NERemodeling

Thats actually very werd ner. Makita had always use the OIS interface in their multitools. Which is the standard interface on Bosch multitools/ mukti tool accessoires.

Bosch does make fein compatible blades but bosch multi tools use the exact same connection as Makita.

I think you have been buying the bosch blades with fein interface :)

I'll be with the tool tomorrow and I'll dig into it a little further.. it's been a while since I messed with it.

I got the tool very very early on.. is it possible that it was a fist batch error or something they changed just after they were released...

NER let us know what you think of the cordless vac, my wife goes through a couple of the 12 volt ones every year or so, if it's a good vac it will give me a good reason to invest in more batteries for the 18V line... Looks like a good vac for around the house.

they are excelent little vacs, i really like the improvements made to the model i just bought from canada (not avaliable here in the US) 

ill try to put together a little review video of the two i have sooner than later but if you cant wait i would say go for it, you will be very happy with it. 

here is a link to the new one i just bought  https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/DCL182Z-Cordless-Vacuum-Cleane

here is the one currently offered in the US http://www.makitatools.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/ToolDetails.aspx?Name=XLC02ZW

some of the main differences;

dust compartment;

old- you had to twist the whole body of the vac to open it, once while trying to remove the extension tube from the vac it twisted the dust compartment open and all the dirt and debris fell all over the floor i just cleaned. also the notches that are used for alignment and attaching the dust canister to the vac body can get a little rough to twist if they get debris in them

new- has a hinged door that opens, so far this seems to solve the two issues i had with the US version

Filter;

old- it has a 2 part cylinder shaped filter that sits inside the dust compartment, it does its job but is nothing fancy and i question the longevity of it   not sure if replacements are easily available or not.   shaking out the inner cloth filter can get a little dusty.. its a job for outside

new- uses either a reusable filter bag or disposable paper filter bags.   it seems like this gives more room in the canister for debris and seems to be a more durable solution... if you want to cut down on the mess of emptying the canister you just use the disposable paper bags and toss them when they are full.. replacement bags are $1 each    the vac comes with the reusable bag and 5 disposable 

switch; 

old- trigger style switch like on a drill.. no lock on, you have to continue to hold it.   

new- it has a on button which can also toggle between high and ow suction and it has a seperate off button.. much more convenient for extended use.  

• Like 1

-------- video --------

Don't mind my crappy english ok? =D

great video!    dude, your english is perfect, i promise you its a hell of a lot better than my Dutch (french?)  haha!!!

that tool is much improved from my old one without the tool free blade change.   i didn't remember to check my blade holder today but they one on yours seems to be different and a lot better than mine was. 

looks like that's a nice tool

Mikey B:

Here's the cutout tool:  It arrived at my store yesterday and since i was filming for the Multitool anyway i took this one out of it's case 2 :

Great job on the videos man, I really appreciate you taking the time to post the videos for us. I am definitly putting these on my Makita list of tools to buy

• Like 1

they are excelent little vacs, i really like the improvements made to the model i just bought from canada (not avaliable here in the US) 

ill try to put together a little review video of the two i have sooner than later but if you cant wait i would say go for it, you will be very happy with it. 

here is a link to the new one i just bought  https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/DCL182Z-Cordless-Vacuum-Cleane

here is the one currently offered in the US http://www.makitatools.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/ToolDetails.aspx?Name=XLC02ZW

Great review

some of the main differences;

dust compartment;

old- you had to twist the whole body of the vac to open it, once while trying to remove the extension tube from the vac it twisted the dust compartment open and all the dirt and debris fell all over the floor i just cleaned. also the notches that are used for alignment and attaching the dust canister to the vac body can get a little rough to twist if they get debris in them

new- has a hinged door that opens, so far this seems to solve the two issues i had with the US version

Filter;

old- it has a 2 part cylinder shaped filter that sits inside the dust compartment, it does its job but is nothing fancy and i question the longevity of it   not sure if replacements are easily available or not.   shaking out the inner cloth filter can get a little dusty.. its a job for outside

new- uses either a reusable filter bag or disposable paper filter bags.   it seems like this gives more room in the canister for debris and seems to be a more durable solution... if you want to cut down on the mess of emptying the canister you just use the disposable paper bags and toss them when they are full.. replacement bags are $1 each    the vac comes with the reusable bag and 5 disposable 

switch; 

old- trigger style switch like on a drill.. no lock on, you have to continue to hold it.   

new- it has a on button which can also toggle between high and ow suction and it has a seperate off button.. much more convenient for extended use.

As well

Great review John thanks for taking the time, I really like the vac you just got. Looking forward to your video

i might have to consider that cutout tool as well if i continue doing any amount of drywall work..    i am using the m12 rotary tool with the dremel 565 cutout tool accessory.. after my second job and only about 15 holes it is already starting to make some funky noises and run weird..   maybe its just not intended to be used in all that drywall dust.... ceiling cutouts are especially bad because all the dust is falling on the tool and getting sucked into the motor...    time will tell     ill try to clean it out and see if that helps but i may have to get the right tool for the job 

yup.. search XOC01Z on google, ebay, amazon... also if your going to end up getting that cordless vac from canada then you might want to purchase this tool there also.. maybe you can save some money

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/DCO180Z-Cordless-Drywall-Cut

same site as i bought my cordless vac the cutout tools is $100 cad which is only about $80usd   thats at least $45 less than any US site!

Yeah NER when I went on that Cnadian site I forgot about the exchange rate. I priced out the cordless jig and was pleasantly surprised. Still have to get a charger and battery so still pricey but there is a definite saving by buying there! Except Festool. Holy smokes they hose the Canadians. WAY more expensive there!

Yeah NER when I went on that Cnadian site I forgot about the exchange rate. I priced out the cordless jig and was pleasantly surprised. Still have to get a charger and battery so still pricey but there is a definite saving by buying there! Except Festool. Holy smokes they hose the Canadians. WAY more expensive there!

yup it's a racket I tell you......

yup.. search XOC01Z on google, ebay, amazon... also if your going to end up getting that cordless vac from canada then you might want to purchase this tool there also.. maybe you can save some money

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/DCO180Z-Cordless-Drywall-Cut

same site as i bought my cordless vac the cutout tools is $100 cad which is only about $80usd   thats at least $45 less than any US site!

Thanks John, I gotta check this out

yup it's a racket I tell you......

I'm thinking your right Comp. That's just stupid crazy. I want to get that Makita brushless jog that NER got and start expanding there but when you look at the saw, one battery and a charger I'm at close to $400! I can get the cordless Carvex for $350 and run it on my 15v batteries. But there is NO WAY IN THE BRIGHT SHADE OF HELL I'm buying a Festool in Canada. No.y smokes!

Festool is the type of company that wants x amount for each of their tools and they are going to get around the same amount no matter where they sell it..    i think once you reduce the Canadian prices by 20%, to account for US exchange rates you will see that they are actually very close to what we pay.   

now, the problem lies in living and buying festool in Canada..   unless Canadians tend to make 20%+ more money than americans for similar jobs then they are actually paying a higher percent of their money on the tools.....   

im assuming that festool sets their prices based off the euro and they convert it to the currency of the country they are selling in so they always make the same amount on each tool..   

• 1 year later...