Went to HD for primer

rfwjr

We'll I was at the HD Saturday buying a gallon of primer. Walked out with primer and the Ridgid 12 volt combo kit, it came with the drill, impact, charger, 2 Ah battery, and a 4 Ah battery, for $99.00. I like the compact size and light weight, should be great for light duty. Oh and I blame all of you.

• Like 2

You made an excellent choice with that combo kit. I bought my grandpa that combo kit and it has worked out great. The drill is a powerhouse for its size, it can handle a 1/2 hole in steel. The impact is also pretty strong as well. For $100 it is a great buy.

It's really up to you. Are you planning on running these tools at work a lot? Also are you going to be buying any other 12v tools from Ridgid. If so, I would do it if I had the cash. But.....if not, you've already registered your tools so battery replacement should not ever be an issue for you so you really need to look at both sides.

for $55 I would go for it I know a lot of folks that have had issues with Ridgit batteries so in saying that regardless if they are going to replace 

any defective batteries you will have a few to continue while wait if need be.....

Should have gone for the Milwaukee M12 4 piece combo kit for 200$

Bastards they made mail everything in. I know once u start listening to us, your wallet empties fast.

I don't know about that Chad I am proud to say I have gone a full 7-8 weeks without buying a single tool while listening to all of you guys chatting away.

Just wait Samuel, once u get that bug.

More like once I get my employee discount that's the only thing holding me back.

Oh and correction the M12 4 piece drill, impact, hackzall, light kit is 159 might have to go get one because that's cheaper than my future employ discount last time i checked because I feel like home deopts cost is cheaper because there huge.

These will probably be the only 2 12 volt tools I purchase.(had a $100 gift card and they were $99)  Rigid really does not have the line of 12 volt tools like Milwaukee.  I want to replace my 18 volt with probably the Milwaukee 18 volt line.

More like once I get my employee discount that's the only thing holding me back.

Oh and correction the M12 4 piece drill, impact, hackzall, light kit is 159 might have to go get one because that's cheaper than my future employ discount last time i checked because I feel like home deopts cost is cheaper because there huge.

I got that kit with the LED light for $99 awhile back when I seen it I thought for $99 I'm getting 2 batteries and a charger the tools are costing $10 each.....I have since replaced with the fuel version but still even at $159 that is a smoking deal........

I think I would snag a the two pack of 4.0ah batteries for $55. Ridgid has also improved on their batteries when they moved to the hyperlithium branding. When you move up with branding and ah ladder they tend to get improved cells and fix any defects. Its like Makia they had issues with the 3.0ah packs but now the 4.0 and 5.0 ah packs seem fine. They have been out for a year and I haven't heard too much drama. Some Makita packs were dying in just a few months.