Show your new toys

BK13

I went to HD tonight to get a new razor scraper and some dowels. Ended up leaving with. They were clearing the Ridgid sander for $150.00 and the Milwaukee tapes were an extra impulse buy someone had left by the register.

2015-03-27 20.45.05.jpg 2015-03-27 20.45.27.jpg

Nice score. I like that sander!! Did you at least end up remembering the dowels and scraper!! Haha

Madman, I'm sure you will get that mess straightened out so good luck to you!

thanks John, i hope they gonna call me monday....if not i gonna call them non stop that they have to start a separate line for other customers.

due to the frustration KMS is giving me...i went shopping at i kinda feel better now lol

everything for 15 bucks

0328151455_zps6fkzjxov.jpg

• Like 1

Nice score. I like that sander!! Did you at least end up remembering the dowels and scraper!! Haha

I had already bought the dowels and scraper and was in the parking lot in my truck when I said "What am I crazy passing on this for $150 this is on my list.".  I got out and went back in and bought it and the Milwaukee tape measures, they were just sitting there by themselves looking lonely.

thanks John, i hope they gonna call me monday....if not i gonna call them non stop that they have to start a separate line for other customers.

due to the frustration KMS is giving me...i went shopping at i kinda feel better now lol

everything for 15 bucks

0328151455_zps6fkzjxov.jpg

nice but MM Mayby I gotta do that today it's been awhile since I've stopped by HD

nice but MM Mayby I gotta do that today it's been awhile since I've stopped by HD

i hope you find a great deal man - keep it mind, i still have the set for sale we were talking about :P

I see you got some tuck pointers you have some brick work to do.

yeah i have to change out some broken bricks, repairing and a install a new brick planter box at the side/front of the house 

I had already bought the dowels and scraper and was in the parking lot in my truck when I said "What am I crazy passing on this for $150 this is on my list.".  I got out and went back in and bought it and the Milwaukee tape measures, they were just sitting there by themselves looking lonely.

you cant just leave a lonely tape measure sitting there!!  that would be inhumane :)

Nice score madman!  you will like the GRR-Ripper      did they happen to have a second one?  while not necessary, they work awesome in pairs.. this way you leap frog them along the cut and you never have to stop feeding the piece through the tool with helps eliminate blade marks.. 

Nice score madman!  you will like the GRR-Ripper      did they happen to have a second one?  while not necessary, they work awesome in pairs.. this way you leap frog them along the cut and you never have to stop feeding the piece through the tool with helps eliminate blade marks.. 

they had a 2nd one there

here are some of the things i got while at the JLC show a week ago..   the tape measure and pack of staples were thrown in for buying the pry bar and stapler and the can of foam was a freebie also..  

ill get a picture together of all the free stuff i scored 

attachicon.gif2015-03-21 00.41.18.jpg

great stuff, the milwaukee stapler is pretty cool...im going get one too

great stuff, the milwaukee stapler is pretty cool...im going get one too

im diggin it.. i have wanted a good stapler for a while now and when this one came out i knew i wanted it..   i have had a few of this style staplers in the past and they are still floating around somewhere but i never really liked them and one of them didnt take a standard t-50 staple that all my other hammer tackers and other staplers take which made it a pain to find staples for it..       I got to use this last wednesday installing a bunch of insulation for a customer and gotta say i was really digging it!    It worked very well

That pry bar looks tough NER and U can't beat getting some free tools bro!

no you cant!!   free tools are great :)      the prybar is pretty damn sexy i must admit!  its a little bit of a splurge but it is super light so i dont mind carrying it around in my every day tool bag (i didnt used to keep my big steel on in there in an effort to keep the weight down) its got a few nice features, has a great feel in the hand and it really rounds off my stiletto set nicely.. 

here is a picture of all my free goodies from the show (minus the prybar, that baby was already in my tool bag when i took this picture!!)

the drill bits in the gray pack, to the left of the milwaukee stuff are a 4 pack of Bad dog multipurpose carbide bits.. im pretty excited to give these a try.. it was incredible what they put them through at the show and after talking with the guy long enough about them he threw me this pack to try out. https://www.baddogtools.com/tools/tools/multipurposedrillbits.html

also if you can see to the right, on the festool shop apron, there is a super long jigsaw blade, its the 10" T1044DP  i never new they made a blade that long and one of the bosch guys was cool enough to toss me one of the blades they had for demo to try out  http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Accessories/Pages/BoschAccessoryDetail.aspx?pid=T1044DP#specs

bunch of shirts, hats, a ton of loctite premium and powergrab and even vouchers to mail in for another free case of each of them!!  also a few of the lenox arc reciprocating saw blades..    overall i thought it was a pretty good haul :)

post-49019-0-60110300-1427689147_thumb.j

• Like 1

im diggin it.. i have wanted a good stapler for a while now and when this one came out i knew i wanted it..   i have had a few of this style staplers in the past and they are still floating around somewhere but i never really liked them and one of them didnt take a standard t-50 staple that all my other hammer tackers and other staplers take which made it a pain to find staples for it..       I got to use this last wednesday installing a bunch of insulation for a customer and gotta say i was really digging it!    It worked very well

is the trigger easy to use? my current one is so tough to use. does HD has this one in store?

here is a picture of all my free goodies from the show (minus the prybar, that baby was already in my tool bag when i took this picture!!)

the drill bits in the gray pack, to the left of the milwaukee stuff are a 4 pack of Bad dog multipurpose carbide bits.. im pretty excited to give these a try.. it was incredible what they put them through at the show and after talking with the guy long enough about them he threw me this pack to try out. https://www.baddogtools.com/tools/tools/multipurposedrillbits.html

also if you can see to the right, on the festool shop apron, there is a super long jigsaw blade, its the 10" T1044DP  i never new they made a blade that long and one of the bosch guys was cool enough to toss me one of the blades they had for demo to try out  http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Accessories/Pages/BoschAccessoryDetail.aspx?pid=T1044DP#specs

bunch of shirts, hats, a ton of loctite premium and powergrab and even vouchers to mail in for another free case of each of them!!  also a few of the lenox arc reciprocating saw blades..    overall i thought it was a pretty good haul :)

attachicon.gif20150324_183643.jpg

wow thats a bunch of stuff John - you definitely scored at the exhibition :P

i wanna know if the 10" blade has any deflection because its soo long

is the trigger easy to use? my current one is so tough to use. does HD has this one in store?

yeah, its not bad at all... its got 2 modes..    one for extra power but i find the low mode to be sufficient for most stuff

the Hd's around me stock it.. not sure about out your way

wow thats a bunch of stuff John - you definitely scored at the exhibition :P

i wanna know if the 10" blade has any deflection because its soo long

i was able to make some test cuts with the one they had on their saw at the show and i was amazed with how perpendicular the cut was.. not much deflection at all on straight cuts, definitely not as much as i expected...  i did get some deflection out of it while cutting a curve but i wasnt really taking my time either.

i was able to make some test cuts with the one they had on their saw at the show and i was amazed with how perpendicular the cut was.. not much deflection at all on straight cuts, definitely not as much as i expected...  i did get some deflection out of it while cutting a curve but i wasnt really taking my time either.

yeah i can imagine that there is a deflection while doing a curve...but it also depends on what kinda saw you use.