Show your new toys

BK13

Thanks for the information regarding what was included with the jigsaw, NER. Interesting to hear that a battery indicator was not included. I thought Makita was putting them on all the new stuff. I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for their new batteries with built in gauges. :) On a side note, I checked out the MHS website you mentioned and the jigsaw was $20 cheaper than KMS, so thank you very much.

i was a bit thrown off that it didn't have a battery indicator also.. i was under the same impression as you that all their new stuff would have them..   maybe not that they are going to be putting them on the batteries they have decided to stop including them on the tools....

glad mhs was cheaper for you.. their website won't tell you shipping charges and it actually says free over $150 if i remember correctly (it doesn't say anything about canada or usa)  i emailed the guy for a shipping quote and he replied that he would give me free shipping!!  

NER, I almost forgot...does the Makita have an LED on the jigsaw?

i see Chris beat me to it, yes   dual led, one set to each side of the blade.. probably to help with shadows    also built in dust blower to keep the cut line clear    the blade change is tool free with a nice, easy to grab lever on the front of the saw, no need to turn the lever to insert the blade just push straight in... i have seen in reviews that it has a self ejecting blade but mine does not  i have to pull it out...   maybe it just needs a shot of WD in there to loosen things up

ChrisK, when you get yours could you tell me if your blades self eject??

• Like 1

Pics to be posted but....

I bought a Rikon Midi lathe with a second control unit (they had a possibility of recall so they gave me a free one if there was a problem). While I was getting a demo from a pal there my Wife snuck in a Festool OF1010! It was in my shop yesterday when I was wiring in my outlets :)

The 1010 is a nice router but I think that i'm going with the 1400

Whoa whoa whoa! I just missed my ups guy by about three hours they didn't leave the package because I OWE THEM A BROKERAGE FEE!!!! $40.32! Glad I ordered this but whew that's steep! The price for buying NAINA!!!

wow you owe them more than me :D

i had to pay $35 for a $550 order

@BK stop holding up my package....i would like to get my free battery haha

Thanks Big Mike, Im kinda tapped now myself, gotta take a break. Looking to save for some Dewalt T-stacks or Tough boxes next

mikey U will like the tough boxes a lot bro I have to of the big ones and one of there smaller ones and lovem man and I don't have any t staks at the moment but here and read a lot of good things about them, I'm waiting for the dewalt 20v blower to come out and also trying to pick up some more m18 batteries.
  • Like 1

Whoa whoa whoa! I just missed my ups guy by about three hours they didn't leave the package because I OWE THEM A BROKERAGE FEE!!!! $40.32! Glad I ordered this but whew that's steep! The price for buying NAINA!!!

Ahhh! I hate that. Do you have a MyChoice account Chris? It will let you re-route the package or tell the center to hold it for you. It is free for residential customers.

• Like 1