Show your new toys

BK13

Why did you hold out on me at the show man!! it want one!!!!

It was the guy from festool Germany wasn't it?!?!

Lucky basted :)

Ok you got me. I had to keep it on the down low. When he handed it over he was muttering some about special camps about people who talk too much. 

ftfc_zpssdntc0vv.jpg

ya i looked up - it will be delivered via UPS and the brokerage fee gonna be $25 for the amount i ordered.

$200.01 to $1,250.00

1.gif

$25.25

but hopefully no duty or tax - then i would be happy haha

Do you have any idea if the $200.01 threshold is based upon the original Canadian price or if it is on the converted US price? I ask because I have been eyeing a brushless jigsaw crom Makita that is $229 via KMS, which would only be $189 US. If it is based on the Canadian price, I might just have to order more stuff to make it worth my while.

Do you have any idea if the $200.01 threshold is based upon the original Canadian price or if it is on the converted US price? I ask because I have been eyeing a brushless jigsaw crom Makita that is $229 via KMS, which would only be $189 US. If it is based on the Canadian price, I might just have to order more stuff to make it worth my while.

Not sure about the fee.. I ordered the same jigsaw from mississaugahardware.Com. it's sweet, don't have a ton of use on It yet but first impressions were good!

my total order with them was around 455 CAD (something like 365 USD) and my ups fee was $34 USD. I haven't been charged any duties and it's been around a month.

You might want to call KMS or mississauga and see if they will mail you package Canadian post/USPS. I don't think you will get charged any duties then.

Some things about the saw that I wasn't aware of when I bought it.. it doesn't have a battery life indicator on it, the base needs to be loosened with an on board allen wrench to bevel the base (really not a big deal because I rarely bevel the base and the bolt allows me to really tighten it well. Also it doesn't take much extra time at all) and the dust collection attachment is not included.. none of these things were that big of a deal to me.. would have been nice but not deal breakers. Just thought you should know. It does come with a splinter guard and 6 blades

I bought the Makita 18v brushless barrel grip and two bay charger for $348.95 plus I think $26 for shipping. It'll be here tomorrow, held up in the US, but my total bill US was something like $290ish. No import fees, US dollar was figured out through my credit card. Not a bad deal.

Pics to be posted but....

I bought a Rikon Midi lathe with a second control unit (they had a possibility of recall so they gave me a free one if there was a problem). While I was getting a demo from a pal there my Wife snuck in a Festool OF1010! It was in my shop yesterday when I was wiring in my outlets :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the information regarding what was included with the jigsaw, NER. Interesting to hear that a battery indicator was not included. I thought Makita was putting them on all the new stuff. I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for their new batteries with built in gauges. :) On a side note, I checked out the MHS website you mentioned and the jigsaw was $20 cheaper than KMS, so thank you very much.

i think its USD based. my order was around $510 (640 CAD) and i had to pay a brokerage fee from $35. UPS guy wanted to have a money order or a check...i thought i would get a bill within a week. but they guy was patient while i wrote him a check

I bought the Makita 18v brushless barrel grip and two bay charger for $348.95 plus I think $26 for shipping. It'll be here tomorrow, held up in the US, but my total bill US was something like $290ish. No import fees, US dollar was figured out through my credit card. Not a bad deal.

ya i got charged in USD too on my credit card + a transaction fee of $13 (prolly a exchange rate or so)

have a check ready for UPS for the brokerage fee man :P

• Like 1