Show your new toys

BK13

I am lucky, the UPS center is just a block from my shop. I know the morning manager. I just call in and tell them to hold my package for me and I can snag it after 8 am. Also the driver knows our code so he will leave packages in our shop too.

I know my driver really well but the chump keeps falling and hurting himself. Must be all this darn snow and ice!!! I haven't seen him on the route in three months, he broke his finger slipping on a grate. This after blowing his knee. Man....I hate getting older.

I know my driver really well but the chump keeps falling and hurting himself. Must be all this darn snow and ice!!! I haven't seen him on the route in three months, he broke his finger slipping on a grate. This after blowing his knee. Man....I hate getting older.

when im working around the house / garage and i hear the UPS truck hauling as$ up the hill i always go towards the street and pick up the package from my ups guy.its saves him some time.

ehm chris did you have to pay a transaction fee when you paid with credit card? i used my amex and i had to pay like $13 

when im working around the house / garage and i hear the UPS truck hauling as$ up the hill i always go towards the street and pick up the package from my ups guy.its saves him some time.

ehm chris did you have to pay a transaction fee when you paid with credit card? i used my amex and i had to pay like $13

Hey Madman, no transaction fee just this darned fee UPS has. And the ups guy is like the ice cream truck to me. I tag along skipping behind it all the time ;)

So here is my new Rikon Midi lathe 70-220VSR and my first ever turning attempt. I got it assembled yesterday and had to modify the stand as it's actually a pretty big lathe at about 38". It'll turn up to 20" stock without the extension. Pretty friggin' awesome stuff. Next I'll try out the new router my beautiful wife got me! Sweeeeeeeet :D

• Like 1

With so many sockets sets on the market, I really didn't know what to buy to replace my Stanley Fatmax black chrome set.

The ratchet is broken so had to look for a new one. At first I wanted the DeWALT sets in the black cases, but then a while ago I saw they have newer sets in stackable cases. Couldn't find them online besides at Acetool (worldwide shipping). Had to wait a freakin 6 weeks or so, but they came today. They are nice. Was expecting much smaller cases. Got the 1/2" and 1/4" sets. Think I'll also get the 3/8" and the accessories case for these socketsets. Cut the week in half with some yellow is always good! :)

DeWALT%20Socketsets.JPG

I do have this set of impact sockets from DeWALT, Chris. Talk about tough... I wouldn't know how to break them haha

dewdt7506qz1.jpg

They sell different sets in the US, incl. the deep sockets, but they don't sell that here.

MM, I don't really worry about quality. SBD can pick from Mac, Proto and Facom. 

I did look at Facom as well. They have a couple of sets with a case where the long extension doubles as a handle when it's closed. Pretty need.

1299532_RB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

Couldn't mix red with yellow though ;)

I've been telling myself that for.....well let's see....forty was almost five years ago....so......at least I don't have to keep in shape! I can get as far as I want!!!! :D

Today as we were carrying a 500 pound cast iron tub up to the second story bathroom I got to thinking I'm going to be 58 come August I'm getting too old for this shit. What the hell was I thinking when I said cast iron no problem we will get it up there. 

• Like 2

So here is my new Rikon Midi lathe 70-220VSR and my first ever turning attempt. I got it assembled yesterday and had to modify the stand as it's actually a pretty big lathe at about 38". It'll turn up to 20" stock without the extension. Pretty friggin' awesome stuff. Next I'll try out the new router my beautiful wife got me! Sweeeeeeeet :D

I turned an aluminum axle for a battery powered car in my manufacturing class. The rest of the kids joked off and the car never got build but we did have an axle to use :) I would like to take up turning pens or something when I hit 45. Which I think is a like You look more like 25 on your profile pic :) Congrats on the new tool though I want to buy something cool this summer not sure what it will be yet though.

• Like 1

Today as we were carrying a 500 pound cast iron tub up to the second story bathroom I got to thinking I'm going to be 58 come August I'm getting too old for this shit. What the hell was I thinking when I said cast iron no problem we will get it up there. 

Wow, do you hate yourself Regiopit :)  I know cast iron tubs are the best but trying to lug 500 lb's around a house no thanks. Unless they want to pay $$$ for that luxury your getting fiberglass :)

With so many sockets sets on the market, I really didn't know what to buy to replace my Stanley Fatmax black chrome set.

The ratchet is broken so had to look for a new one. At first I wanted the DeWALT sets in the black cases, but then a while ago I saw they have newer sets in stackable cases. Couldn't find them online besides at Acetool (worldwide shipping). Had to wait a freakin 6 weeks or so, but they came today. They are nice. Was expecting much smaller cases. Got the 1/2" and 1/4" sets. Think I'll also get the 3/8" and the accessories case for these socketsets. Cut the week in half with some yellow is always good! :)

DeWALT%20Socketsets.JPG

very nice set man I bought the 214 piece on Black Friday like 2 yrs ago and have been beating the crap out of them at the shop and not one time have they disappointed great score man!
  • Like 1

Damn Rego be carefull man my bro hurt his back lifting a bag of wet mops at work and is screwed for life now man and he's barely gonna turn 40 this year, I used to think I could lift anything by myself but now I think twice man just seeing how sad my bro gets.