Show your new toys

BK13

great package you got there chris.

i hadnt any luck with my UPS package today.

went to the local ups costumer center and they couldnt really help me, from there they called the main office in the next city.

and i could talk to the lady....

the first package i received from KMS i already paid a brokerage fee from about $35, which included the complete invoice.

then kms send out the missing battery which is actually a free item and its on my first invoice...

so UPS put a COD on that package from about $50 to collect another brokerage fee.

i talk today to a lady from the main ups store here in town and she told me i have to contact the shipper that they tell the shipping company that the package is paid for, then they would contact ups and they can drop the charges and release the package....if i understood it correct. but i mind gonna call the office again on monday just to make sure or maybe the ups hotline.

im so mad with that bs, if KMS would have put the battery in the package inthe first place i wouldnt have all those fu****** problems.

lets see what KMS gonna tell me/ or how the gonna handle it....when they are not cooperative ill send the hole sh** back and get a refund. 

That sucks :( That's the big problem with international buying the fees UPS just gets greedy. That's why the TIA giveaways have been USA only they got burned on international shipping a few times because of tariffs and brokerage fees. A free tool got really expensive fast

great package you got there chris.

i hadnt any luck with my UPS package today.

went to the local ups costumer center and they couldnt really help me, from there they called the main office in the next city.

and i could talk to the lady....

the first package i received from KMS i already paid a brokerage fee from about $35, which included the complete invoice.

then kms send out the missing battery which is actually a free item and its on my first invoice...

so UPS put a COD on that package from about $50 to collect another brokerage fee.

i talk today to a lady from the main ups store here in town and she told me i have to contact the shipper that they tell the shipping company that the package is paid for, then they would contact ups and they can drop the charges and release the package....if i understood it correct. but i mind gonna call the office again on monday just to make sure or maybe the ups hotline.

im so mad with that bs, if KMS would have put the battery in the package inthe first place i wouldnt have all those fu****** problems.

lets see what KMS gonna tell me/ or how the gonna handle it....when they are not cooperative ill send the hole sh** back and get a refund.

Geez Madman, sorry to hear about that. In my case, they kept trying to deliver during the early pm....you know....when EVERYONE is him instead of work. So I used the UPS program over analyze mentioned and had them ship it to an access point. When I talked to them she said "I don't know why you owe UPS, let me call them" she called me back fifteen minutes later and said that I didn't owe anything. She was as confused as I was.
  • Like 1

i just called the UPS hotline, they told me that the shipper declared the package with 507 USD (thats the amount for the items in the first package i already received) thats why there was a COD on it - 44.93 bucks for duty and taxes.

so i called KMS but nobody was there so i left a message because there is just 1 person in the online sales department.

so the UPS guy told me that the shipper has to revise the invoice by calling UPS and then they will drop the charges.

even when KMS would put a normal invoice with the original price it would be ok....because everything below 200 is free of charge/fee

In the future ask for it to be sent normal postal service (between Canada and US I know that will work) I'm pretty sure, but not 100%, that there won't be a brokerage fee. Another option would be to ask if the shipper would be willing to mark it as less than $200 value

Chris, hopefully you won't get charged but don't be too bummed if a bill shows up in the mail in a week or so.. that's what happened with me.

Madman, I'm sure you will get that mess straightened out so good luck to you!

Just got back from my local Ace Tool store and picked up a new Makita cut out tool, Makitas led flashlight/ battery combo (100 bucks for the combo) Feins multi master blade assortment and a pack of the Rotozip zip bits....

Nice haul! I've got 3 of those makita lights and love them!! They throw a nice even light with a very wide angle

So here is my new Rikon Midi lathe 70-220VSR and my first ever turning attempt. I got it assembled yesterday and had to modify the stand as it's actually a pretty big lathe at about 38". It'll turn up to 20" stock without the extension. Pretty friggin' awesome stuff. Next I'll try out the new router my beautiful wife got me! Sweeeeeeeet :D

I'm digging the new lathe man! You will have some good fun with that :) and big congrats on the 1010. That is my favorite and most used router

also congrats on getting your chager and jigsaw!! those two are sweet!!