Armstrong Pawn Score

Conductor562

I usually don't do pawn shops, but I had 45 minutes to kill today so I stopped in. I was looking at this set and noticed the low price when the guy working there asked if I was interested. I told him I was and he says "I'll do 20% off on it" !!!!!!!! 

$32 out the door. Retails for $197 at Zoro. Looks like the 3 largest sizes have been used a couple of times and most of the set doesn't look to be used at all. It's missing the U-Joint, but I'll pick one up on eBay when I find one cheap. 

My question is if they can sell it for $32, they couldn't have paid over $15-$20 for it. There was a similar Kobalt set beside it priced at $60   :lol:

post-515-0-42344900-1425520885_thumb.jpg

post-515-0-58525000-1425520891_thumb.jpg

post-515-0-76772300-1425520896_thumb.jpg

It's typically the same way around here. Rusted Chinese shit at inflated prices, but today was different. The had a couple huge WrightGrip wrenches, but I didn't ask for a price as I would never have any use for a 1-7/8" or 1-3/4" wrench. 

This pawn shop had most tools at near new prices, but for some reason this set was fire sale priced. Maybe the just weren't familiar with Armstrong?

They had several Harbor Freight torque wrenches priced at $29.99 :lol:

This pawn shop had most tools at near new prices, but for some reason this set was fire sale priced. Maybe the just weren't familiar with Armstrong?

They had several Harbor Freight torque wrenches priced at $29.99 :lol:

Sounds like Craigslist around here. Some joker was listing one of the red US General red 26" stacks, with a fairly substantial dent, for more than the normal, pre-coupon price!

• 2 months later...