A word to the wise

regopit

I don't know because it wasn't me. It was the wife. My wife was flying out to Minnesota to see the grand kids over the Easter  holiday. She had packed her coat and as we where walking out the door for me to drop her off at the air port she grab my Milwaukee hoodie. I never gave it much thought till I got a text about and hour later saying  I owe you a new hoodie. I just glad that it did not have a battery in it.

Would you stop this woman

IMG_6715.jpg

• Like 1

Weird.....I have flown multiple times with my heated jacket and hoodie.....with them ON!......never once had an issue.

I called TSA beforehand to verify & they said it was fine, but to tell the person scanning it through the x-ray machine that it was a heated jacket.

She had no clue she just got in line and did not say anything to anybody till they pulled her off to the side and of course it was my fault for not saying anything. They said that they would mail it back to her so she paid the $30.00 to have it mailed back but no jacket as of yet,

I think a TSA agent just wanted a Milwukee heated jacket that day :( I know its not exactly common but they don't have it on their list of banned items either. This world is crazy now with all the rules and regulations to fly now.

That sucks Rego! If it's any consolation I went to a bomb response school in New Mexico. I ALWAYS carried my keys on a kuboton (six inch flat ended piece of plastic stick). The TSA dude flipped out started screaming and called the Deputies.....ON ME!!!!! The deputies laughed and told the TSA dude it wasn't anything but the jerk confiscated it and put me on the High Risk list ;)

As far as stopping your wife? Heck yeah! She just LOOKS like trouble!

Working at O'hare we have to go through various checkpoints throughout the day. Not thinking I have been scanned with my Milwaukee jacket on, put it on the belt and you should have seen the TSA agents face. I quickly jumped in and explained the jacket and they looked at me like a terrorist with Alien technology. They payed no attention to my toolbox with knives and blades, but my heated jacket was suspect. I now inform them prior to passing a checkpoint.

Holy crap I wouldn't give that much thought either. Glad you got it back! I got pulled aside for a cordless drill battery before. They said it tested hot for gun powder...!! WHAT?! They were going to throw it away and I asked for the money for my battery. They re-calibrated their machine and tested it again...it passed. 

TSA pulled me aside in San Diego one time, and decided they were going to swab my camera gear bag.... nine lenses, three bodies, two flashes, and a laptop. Another time I had flown home with a plumb bob in my back pack (whoops!). When I went to go back to work, they were going to try and confiscate it. I said that I had just flown with it three days before, and they could unscrew the tip, but they were not getting my 'bob (surveyors get sentimental over weird stuff...). The guy just stared at me for about five seconds, then let me go. Apparently terrorists aren't 6'6" 340 lb. pasty white guys with shaved heads. LOL

• Like 2