what we do to get the job done!

NERemodeling

So I just finished up a 4 week job.. well it was more like 6 weeks worth of work but i managed to cram it into 4. I had an absolute deadline on the job due to a vacation I had planned and other trades coming in behind me. This was on a customers vacation home on Cape Cod.. little 8400 Sf place right on the water!

This last week of the job I clocked 101 hours. That's just Monday through Friday (into sat morning)

From 6:30 Thursday morning I worked straight through to 9:15 Saturday morning and then had to tow my trailer 3.5 hours home!! Over 54 hours of straight work with only a 45 minute nap at the point I start literally hallucinating

I got it all done and suprisingly everything came out perfect.. also no injuries!

My reward for all that is a nice and relaxing 10 days in California.. I did a lot of sleeping Saturday afternoon on the plane and slept in late this morning. .

Any of you in the LA/Hermosa Beach, Santa Barbara, Paso Robles area?

Not sure what I have for pictures of the Jon but I'll see what I can find and post them. I also did a video of my new Dewalt tile saw while I was out there that I still have to watch, edit a little and then post.

That is some crazy hours NER! I have done similar but don't make it a habit. I really try not to have deadlines...to many variables that screw with a deadline.

I did work 24 hours straight on a job to get done. It was an out of town project with a plane to catch the next day.

Also did a 90 hour plus week for another out of town project.

I did a few overnights back when I worked at this one IT place out of high school. Some guys were having issues with the drive replicator. I was so looped annoyed I said " Am I going to have to go over there and bust some skulls" sarcastically. When your sleep deprived you do weird things

Wow NER crazy hours bro! I think I stayed at work one time for over 24hrs when I use to work at Parkview hospital CUS we had all kinds of call offs and a big inspection the next day. Very cool that UR here in Cali man I'm in Riverside, feel free to stop brotha!

That's how we roll John!!!

My longest day was 29 hrs straight, no breaks no nothing. It was hell! We do a lot of work for the airlines and government customers, so deadlines set in stone are the norm. It is not unusual to work doubles and triples until you don't know your name and if you did get off of work you would be hard pressed to find your way home. About 6 years ago I did 80hrs a week for about 4 months...not fun but the checks were awesome!

most of my work is for medical offices. I am always stuck with difficult deadlines that result in me working 6am-10pm day after day. I also take on jobs where I start Friday night at 5 and the jobs have to be complete by Monday morning when the staff arrives. It is always difficult coordinating all the trades to work at odd times on weekends but the jobs always get done on time without sacrificing quality. It does wear out my staff and myself as we typically go back to other jobs come monday morning. The guys love the OT and I enjoy the work but my wife has had enough of me not being around on the weekends.

Good to hear you are rewarding yourself with time off. That is something I have yet to master And when I do take off my phone still rings all day.

Enjoy your trip.

back in the 90's we did a job that was CP  16 hrs a day 7 days a week for 11 weeks near the end only could tell if I was going to work or home based on what way my truck was parked at a local coffee shop as I gabbed a coffee on the way to work and on the way home....

we got paid every thursday....first payday was .....wow this is huge money.....second payday was right on this is awesome........3rd payday was who cares I want a day off.......lol

I wouldn't do it again for love nor money........

ive skipped a couple of lunches, and several overnight stays.

Dang, I could stand to miss a couple of lunches... LOL

Right now I'm working a temp gig for a local municipality. We're there for 40 hours a week, but the pace of work is, let's say, more 'deliberate' than private sector work. I'm thinking about going back to my last boss and see if I can work on Mondays (we're on a 4-10 schedule with Mondays off) and weekends when I don't have my son, just for some extra money and to get the rush of needing to get a certain amount of work done in a limited amount of time, no excuses. What the heck, the GFs in Sweden for another month and a half...

Worst for me was 32 straight thru. We have had a lot of 24 hour shifts lately and they kick your ass. Especially when you get done and start heading home and the disorganized boss sends you back out because he fucked Up.

Nice job on the over 100 club! Closest ive gotten was 160 over two weeks.

The worst thing about lots of OT is taxes though haha they kill you in taxes.