M18 Circ saw

mike_dave

Hey everyone,

I am starting to toy with the idea of a cordless circular saw to add to my kit. I currently have a  brushed 4 piece kit with sawsall, light, hammer drill and impact. I would like to get a bare tool circular saw, and cant decide between the brushed, and the fuel. I know the benefits of the fuel tool, but are they really worth the extra 130 bucks?

I would love to hear thoughts from people who have used either one, and if you have had experience with both, even better!

Cheers

I havnt used it im not really a cordless guy but from what iv heard from lots of people is the fuel is the way to go it just out preforms any.none brushless and its as close to cordex power as you can get!!! You already.got the milwaukee line amd i heard there fuel circ saw is one of the top contenders right up with the makita soo id say thw fuel is worth it and thats coming from a wormdrive corddd circ saw guy

I have the fuel, truth be told..... best saw I have ever owned......bTW not sure why you would have to pay $130 difference I paid less than $50 difference when I bought mine......

The $99 saw is the brushed 6 1/2" model. The fuel 6 1/2" is $199 and the fuel 7 1/4" is $229.

Personally I think the big fuel saw is the way to go. It cuts amazingly and has a ton of power. 7 1/4" blades are also a lot easier to find and cheaper than 6 1/2" blades.

6 1/2 fuel circ saw $229 http://www.homedepot.ca/product/m18-fuel-circ-saw-bare-tool/415139

The 7 1/4 would be nice, but I like the blade on the left side, and I believe it only comes on the right from what I have seen.

Correct about the blade being in the right side. All depends on your preference I guess. I like the right side blade.

The prices I quoted were in USD- didn't know we were talking loonies and toonies. You might try KMS if you are near one. They have had some killer deals in the past in the 7 1/4" Fuel saw.

I have Makita stuff and have used the older brushed 6 1/2. The new brushless 6 1/2 and even the dual battery 36v 7 1/4

The 7 1/4 is a power house but to be honest the brushless 6 1/2 isn't far behind

The brushless is sooooo much better than the brushed. Night and day

I have reframed a gable wall with the Fuel 6.5, it was cutting 45 degrees in 2x6 and 2x8 with no problem. I would have preferred corded but it wasn't an option. I've cut PT 4x4 with smooth passes, PT 2x8 no problem.

Next up is the 7.25 for the nothing but heavy duty cuts....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm well aware it's a bare tool. I already have a few other Milwaukee tools including a 4 piece kit so the batteries isn't an issue. I think the bare tool would be the most economical way to go, I mean I could buy the circ saw kit for more money then I bought my 4 piece kit for. I'm not totally sure I could justify the fuel saw. I mean I'd love to get the 7 1/4 fuel, but the blade is on the wrong side..