M18 Circ saw

mike_dave

Thanks!

Compared to the 7 1/4 Skil Worm Drive, this thing is like a toy--but in a good way. It's not as much work to deal with, especially without the cord. And, yes, its pretty quiet. And it gets the job done with no hassles or hold ups. It's so light you can easily use it with one hand. Given, I've not abused it, but I rarely 'abuse' my tools. Still it seems to be worthwhile purchase for the value.

I'd read a mountain of reviews on the thing trying to satisfy a question of whether or not to get it or the Fuel. A question one can easily ask a tool junky and expect a, "Get the Fuel!" response. (Who doesn't want the Fuel. But need. I mean, with the skil backup, I think I've got my bases covered.) After reading that many owners of this brushed version were "leaving their corded saws in the trunk," I just bit the 99$ bullet. Save the extra $100 or so for another tool up the road. Or maybe I'll put it towards a beastly 9.0 battery!

It would be foolish of them to not. If it's about value proposition for them,and it should be, the 9.0s will be for those heavily invested in the tool line, as well as to just steal others from the blue, yellow, and green teams. It would be absurd to make obselete the first Gen fuel line which still represents one of the best tool lines on the market. Imagine how many orders they would get from companies with volume investments. Not to mention Gen 2 upgrades as well.

But this is a great question. Maybe Dan and Eric have some insight.

They use the same connection. They are still M18 batteries, they just have more cells. They will fit previous tools.

They even had a stack of lumber at the show showing the number of cuts off of a 9.0 battery. My takeaway from that would be that they used a 2731 saw for those cuts.

Congrats on the saw Doof, at $99 that's a great value.

I think you made a good choice. The 7.25" is good for blades, but i don't think its got any more power ... the motor is the same size anyway. i love the size and left-handed blade of the 6.5"

I guarantee the 9.0 packs will be backward compatible. Milwaukee pissed everyone off once when the dumped the V series, they won't do it again

Yea, they didn't mention about any sort of incompatibility with the tools. I think it will only be bundled with certain tools like the SDS max drill and mag drill. The V18 was a pretty big debacle for Milwaukee. They should have offered an upgrade program

my fuel impact with a slim or 4.0 on it is just right, the hammer drill on the other hand has a bit of weight to it with a 4.0 I can imagine overhead work with a 9.0 hanging off it would become tiring after some time....

Remind me what the scoop with this is? It's a computer at the pro desk that anyone can go lol things up?

if item scans for more than ad price you get $10 off sale price if less than $10 you get it for 1 cent

• 3 weeks later...

I have the brushed 6 1/2" and its a great saw don't get me wrong, but a guy at work has the fuel 6 1/2" version and Ive gotta say that the fuel is definitely worth it. In my opinion it has a lot more power and the motor is about half the size of the brushed making it a a lot more compact. Also I like the shoe and readouts on the fuel better than the brushed. But on the other hand if you can find the brushed for the 30 bucks you cant go wrong there.