Who Owns What

comp56

thought this was interesting...Bosch owns the following....

Bosch
CST/berger
Dremel
Freud (and Diablo)*
RotoZip
Skil
Vermont American

Stanley Black and Decker owns the following

Black & Decker
Bostitch
Dewalt
Porter Cable
Stanley

TTI owns the following
AEG
Hart
Milwaukee Electric Tool
Ryobi
Stiletto

TTI also develops and produces Ridgid power tools, under a licensing agreement with Emerson

these companies own many other brands but these are the most popular in the construction/DIY world

I think Ryobi is still a license agreement with TTI like Ridgid. Ryobi still has their own line of tools only sold in Japan. http://www.ryobi-group.co.jp/en/projects/powertools/products/index.html

TTI owns the Ryobi power tools and accessories division in the USA, North America, the UK, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand

cool stuff i never knew Bosch owned Freud/Diablo, i feel like they both make the best when it comes to drilling bits and cutting blades.

It's only been a short period of time that Bosch acquired Freud. One of the Accesories Reps from Bosch said about 2 years. And Frued still operates on their own. It's pretty much just the majority of shares are owned by Bosch. (Don't quote me as I may have the incorrect terminology, but you get the idea).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any truth to the rumors that milwaukee and Ryobi share internals? I have always dismissed this but I have heard it a few times from various people.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I think that's just wishful thinking. :)

Any truth to the rumors that milwaukee and Ryobi share internals? I have always dismissed this but I have heard it a few times from various people.

Maybe screws or something, but no major internals I would imagine. The Ryobi One plus and Craftsman C3 tools are the same though.

No. They are totally different tools inside. I can't swear they don't share the occasional component, but they are completely different for the most part

Let's not forget about the SB&D hand tool empire. Mac, Proto, Blackhawk, Stanley, Facom, Virax, and others.

Also, Milwaukee bought Empire levels awhile back. TTI also owns Hoover and Dirt Devil vacuum brands and a couple other companies too I believe

This reminds me of when I worked at Home Depot in the lawn & garden department. I don't think most people realize that Scotts Miracle-Gro owns the majority of lawn and garden products sold in Home Depot & Lowes.

Porter Cable is kind of an oddity right now. To me at least, it seems like SB&D doesn't really know what they want this line to specialize in. They seem to be under a constant revamping process. I kind of wonder if SB&D were thinking of having PC go head to head with Ryobi while Lowes wanted their Kobalt line to go head to head with Ryobi.

It was a few years ago that SB&D was pushing the Bostitch name real hard, especially in the hand tools arena at Lowes. Then they ended up putting out a lot of hand tools under the DeWalt name at Home Depot. I think (TTI) Milwaukee has done a good job of really going after DeWalt (SB&D) at Home Depot in both the power tool and hand tool aisles. 

While on the topic of SB&D, I know I have heard a lot of mechanics and other wrench turners complaining that Mac has really taken a turn for the worse in quality.