I'm finally moving to the dark (Red) side

dwain

Yes I'll have to agree about Bosch. I really like their build quality. For a small shop type environment, they are second to Festool imo. They've got awesome routers, orbital sanders, a good contractor grade table saw, great miter saws, and the small compact drills and drivers are perfect for case assembly. I have a Bosch 7-1/4" corded circular saw thats become my favorite. (Until I get the Milwaukee 2731, lol)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

You are right on about Bosch's 12v being perfect for assembling cabinets and getting into tight spots.  They aren't the strongest but they are unequal when it comes to being compact.

Only the best, Binford tools, which is like Milwaukee today. And Milwaukee will take over, thats a gurrantee, so we are offering the chance for you to join us now. You can make it easy on yourself people, otherwise we will make you join us with giving you giant wedgies. :D

Your crazy man [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Milwaukee is popular for good reason, they are pumping out professional grade products that anyone can own, the warranty and service is top of the mark......

Any New tool is great until you use it and only then will you know if it is the right choice!

• Like 2

Milwaukee is popular for good reason, they are pumping out professional grade products that anyone can own, the warranty and service is top of the mark......

Any New tool is great until you use it and only then will you know if it is the right choice!

100% Agree with you here Comp! Just take a stroll down the Red Aisle at any Home Depot, pick up a Milwaukee tool, and anyone can see that it is built with great quality. They just feel really solid. Even the 12v tools don't feel like tonka toys

Last deck I worked on I used speed setting 2. 3 can get away on you if you're not paying full attention and sinks screws a little deep. That said, paying attention and using a variable speed trigger means the speed selections aren't a requirement. I am happy I bought the Fuel and I only use it for woodworking. I might end up upgrading to the 2754 even.

I do lots of decking, and exterior siding so I use my impact driver a lot. Might upgrade to the Fuel version.

The FUEL impact (2753) is a serious power house..the specs on the FUEL over the other is slightly more than the regular buy hands on use of the FUEL feels like it certainly performs better!!

Also a big difference is gunna be the run time you get with the FUEL over the regular!!

IMO it's worth the extra pennies for what you need is!!

For anybody that owned the m18 Impact driver and has since gotten the Fuel version, how much better is it, preferably for carpentry work? Thank u!

Check the rpm's... most all of them will have plenty of power to do what you want but the faster the bit spins the faster your gonna drive a screw..

I use makita but my last impacts were around 2300rpm and my newest xdt09 is 3600rpm. The difference is incredible. This this is crazy fast! That helps me get the job done faster.

to me multi speed is unnecessary once you learn good trigger control.

Just checked the milwaukees.. the old brushed model is around 2750rpm. The new brushless non fuel is about 2800. The current fuel is 2900 and the 2nd Gen fuel not yet released is 3000

not a huge difference in speed in my opinion. The torque is around 1500,1550,1600,1800 respectively. Maybe that 1800 in lbs makes a big difference but I would say that even 1500 is plenty of torque for 99% of what you will be using it for.

You might do just fine still using what you have. If your itching to upgrade and see the biggest difference possible I would wait for the 2nd Gen fuel.

I do lots of decking, and exterior siding so I use my impact driver a lot. Might upgrade to the Fuel version.

It's worth the upgrade, or maybe even wait for the gen 2 model this August.  I have the updated brushed version right now but I owned the FUEL for 2 years.  The FUEL version has better sustained torque so it drives the screws down faster before it kicks into impact mode which would save you a lot of time if you're driving deck screws all day.  Plus the 3 speed selections are great for all types of work.  I'm still kicking myself for selling it awhile back.

• 5 weeks later...

Ive had the fuel sawzall and the fuel 7 1/4 cut saw for just over a year. They honestly make me smile everytime I use them. It's crazy how far things have come. Usually at this point In time most people are getting bored with their stuff. Not me!

I can't even begin to count how many blades I've gone through on the 7 1/4 from all the hours of cutting/ripping.

It gets used for hours a day including cutting aluminum, ridge vents lmao you name it I've cut it! On average I use 1 5.0 battery a day.

Just checked the milwaukees.. the old brushed model is around 2750rpm. The new brushless non fuel is about 2800. The current fuel is 2900 and the 2nd Gen fuel not yet released is 3000

not a huge difference in speed in my opinion. The torque is around 1500,1550,1600,1800 respectively. Maybe that 1800 in lbs makes a big difference but I would say that even 1500 is plenty of torque for 99% of what you will be using it for.

You might do just fine still using what you have. If your itching to upgrade and see the biggest difference possible I would wait for the 2nd Gen fuel.

There's a brushless non fuel? I thought fuel was their name for brushless.