I'm finally moving to the dark (Red) side

dwain

I know I'm not exactly an early bird, but the death of my Dewalt circ saw, and an excellent sale on Milwaukee FUEL kit have led me to a very difficult decision....

Take a look at the gear I'm selling! I'm also gonna sell my Bosch grinder.

post-21032-0-22808000-1435116329_thumb.j

I'm gonna keep my other Bosch gear (Planer, Jigsaw, SDS, Multitool), and add the BL hybrid impact. The rest will all be Milwaukee: 

FUEL 6.5" Saw

FUEL Hammer Drill

FUEL Grinder

M18 Compact Drill

2.0Ah and 4.0Ah batteries.

So overall I'll have less tools and batteries, but the tools I want most (impact, drills, grinder and circ saw) will all be my favourites, and brand new warranties etc. I'll also be on my favourite platform.

This feels like buying a new home!

EDIT: Final pic below

post-21032-0-92222800-1438610733_thumb.j

I know I'm not exactly an early bird, but the death of my Dewalt circ saw, and an excellent sale on Milwaukee FUEL kit have led me to a very difficult decision....

Take a look at the gear I'm selling! I'm also gonna sell my Bosch grinder.

attachicon.gifIMG_1093.JPG

I'm gonna keep my other Bosch gear (Planer, Jigsaw, SDS, Multitool), and add the BL hybrid impact. The rest will all be Milwaukee: 

FUEL 6.5" Saw

FUEL Hammer Drill

FUEL Grinder

M18 Compact Drill

2.0Ah and 4.0Ah batteries.

So overall I'll have less tools and batteries, but the tools I want most (impact, drills, grinder and circ saw) will all be my favourites, and brand new warranties etc. I'll also be on my favourite platform.

This feels like buying a new home!

wow that's a BIG step Dwain but not into the wrong direction, milwaukee is kicking ass right now and honestly has been for quite some time now, I'm gonna hold out a lil longer with all my line of Tools Dewalt and hope for the best in my Team Yellow. I do own a nice bunch of awesome Red tools to so I'm happy with that for now
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with that at all. I am sorry to hear that your circular saw gave out on you. 

I'm more of like a team rainbow of colors myself LOL. I even have a few neon green Ryobi tools, but if it gets the job done that's all that matters.

• Like 1

yesssssss.....come to the dark side (sith voice)

here's your new avatar:

hahaha. If only oztooltalk was still active. i was imagining Dark Maul when naming the thread ....

I would actually have the largest / best lineup by keeping some of the Dewalt tools, but I've decided that I just can't have THREE cordless lines...

I think your making a great choice. In fact, I know your making a great choice because you are far more knowledgeable about tools then me. I only had a foot in the pool with my Dewalt 20v max drills but decided to jump off the cliff into the great red sea of Milwaukee. I'm very happy I did, I've got no regrets. I'll stick with Milwaukee for the cordless tools. For corded, I've always got whatever works best for me. I love my Bosch concrete and woodworking tools.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

if my circ saw hadn't died, i would have even considered the move. but rather than fork out AU$175 for a decent saw, I started considering getting the best saw around, and many hours of though and research later, here I am ... 

Only the RED side could possibly provide you for what you need and when you need it! And remember son, a RED drill is a mans livelyhood, don't ever loose it. You want the 2604, you know you do ;)

Hahaha...your really pushin that 2604

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Great move ditching the Dewalts.. only thing is you should be jumping to Makita!! Ask your boy Mike.. he will tell you!

Huge line of tools, great quality, excellent top of the line performance and a huge selling point for me is it allows you to be in their X2 36v line with your same batteries!!

Do it, do it, do it!!!!

• Like 1

Nah I'll come out about even, but with less batteries and less tools. I'm separating into kits and skins, getting whatever i can :)

I thought about Makita, but I like Milwaukee's saw and grinder better. Makita also don't make a good compact drill, and still don't have battery gauges on their batteries. 18Vx2 is pretty awesome though. 

Nah I'll come out about even, but with less batteries and less tools. I'm separating into kits and skins, getting whatever i can :)

I thought about Makita, but I like Milwaukee's saw and grinder better. Makita also don't make a good compact drill, and still don't have battery gauges on their batteries. 18Vx2 is pretty awesome though. 

The Makita 18Vx2 saw is pretty compelling.  What do you like better about the Milwaukee saw?

I have both the new Makita BL 6.5" grinder and BL grinder.. I have never used the Fuel but the Makitas are damn nice. Huge improvements from the older models.. especially the grinder.. plenty of power for real job site work.

I also own the X2 7.25" saw and that is great as well. I'll say the BL 6.5 is damn near it in terms of power the X2 might just have a bit more and complete the cut a tad faster is all. Most of the time I just use the BL 6.5 though. Even ripping treated 2x framing lumber

Your not gonna go wrong with Milwaukee especially if it's a load cheaper. Im nit trying to talk you out of it.. I just love Makita, feel they make solid tools that won't fail me on the job and have a huge line and love the X2.. most of the new tools come with the battery indicator on the tool also.. it can be inconvenient not having it on the battery but I have survived thus far.

I be making the move myself as soon as the second gen stuff comes out but saying that iv only 2 dewalt cordless tools so it wont be much of a hit, depending on pricing of course Ireland seems really expensive for Milwaukee gear I'm happy enough with my corded dewalt gear for now.

I honestly was never a huge fan of dewalt... my dad always used ryobis and I knew I would never end up with one of them... I had a bosch kit (drill/impact) loved the impact didn't like the drill so much. then along came Milwaukee, I just went out and bought a set for my dad for fathers day last year (so I could use them to see if I liked them) I loved them so I went ahead and just after this past Christmas went for the fuel... cant say enough good words about Milwaukee! my buddies have dewalt and Makita, after using all 3 im glad I went red, Makita comes in a close second for feel and comfort. the dewalt tools I could never get that variable speed trigger to work right it was all on or all off and I didn't like that. im excited for all the new red stuff coming out with the gen 2 fuel and I think that you made a great move, however I don't think I would be doing the same if the roles were reversed, like some mentioned before that's a lot of tools to up and drop to get new ones. mind you breaking even makes it a little easier to wrap my head around.

in any case glad to hear, hope you don't regret it! (you wont but ill say it anyways)

• Like 2