HD dewalt toughbox and makita kits

BIGBEARJT

Stop by my local HD and surprise found some dewalt tough boxes model ds400, the :-) boxes for $18 each, of course I bought the whole display, total of 4 boxes for $72 no taxes, good deal. Also seen they were selling the makita xt257m kits which normally $379-399 for $299.

Why the huge price drop? Not that I mind I just need my HD to do the same

I have the HD app, will the clearance price be displayed there if you search it or is it an in store thing?

Some Home Depots are clearance get them out yet a store 5 miles down the road is not. Defiantly a great deal, congrats on the great buy.

Why the huge price drop? Not that I mind I just need my HD to do the same

I have the HD app, will the clearance price be displayed there if you search it or is it an in store thing?

It's a per store thing. Prices on HD.com or the app reflect their MSRP or normal selling price.

Why are they clearing them out is something else going to fill there spot?

My opinion is they want to promote the Ridgid line....they are at the end caps at all my local stores.

Even when HDs in the area were stocking the Tough System at full price they were difficult to locate in the stores

Home Depot has really changed the way they operate since I left the company. When I worked there each store was kind of like it's own entity, like we could decide what products we wanted to carry in store and what we didn't. As far as mark downs went, we typically only determined damage product mark downs and the yellow tags would come out from corporate with either the regular or a reduced price. Now the managers and department heads could go into the computer and manually mark a product down to a lower price, which would reflect on the price tags when we printed them out. At my store they typically only did this when the product was slow moving to begin with and we just wanted it gone. A lot of it has to do with the store inventory and how the mark down will reflect on them.

The best example I can think of are live Christmas trees, because I worked in garden LOL. Well some of those trees die before anyone buys them, some people return them because they died in their home. As this happened, a lot of stores will go into their inventory and start adding up their losses. Well I would wait until December 26th because that's when corporate would drop the price of every tree they sell to $1.00. So lets say after I threw all my trees away my inventory says I still have 30, I write 30 off and I'm out $30 in my inventory. The guy that did it before is out hundreds of dollars because he/she doesn't know how to play the game.

That's part of the reason some of you all get the deals, some of you don't. A lot of it has to do with how that store chooses to play the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimmyC
    Newest Member
    JimmyC