So started with new framing crew

torontotoolman

best part about the smaller crews is you learn more because you are involved in more aspects. me and the boss just put a 20 foot LVL in a bungalow last week we ripped out the kitchen built support walls put the beam in and tore out everything else and started mudding it on the second day. you work quicker and you stay busy. I wouldn't change a thing about a small crew! congrats man

• Like 1

How heavy was the LVL?? I agree about the small crew

Oh ya when theres to many people its annoying i hate standinh around so im glad im apart of a 3 man crew plus il always be working

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I hate standing around, lets get this work done so we can go home :)

best part about the smaller crews is you learn more because you are involved in more aspects. me and the boss just put a 20 foot LVL in a bungalow last week we ripped out the kitchen built support walls put the beam in and tore out everything else and started mudding it on the second day. you work quicker and you stay busy. I wouldn't change a thing about a small crew! congrats man

Nice bud i was cutting the sheets for the roof first day and putting in point loads they kept me busy and ya that sounds like a fun time fuck i love doing what we do man sometimes i wish i did more renos but at the same time i love framing and out of all the reno things framing would be my fav soo lol now i get to do it all the time

Congrats on the new start, and bigger congrats for bucking up through being sick and proving your worth that's awesome! So now they've seen a sick TorontoToolMan, wait till they see a healthy one, Balls out!

thanks man and ya i aint one to let a cold stop me i just push threw unless its winter time and im puking or something then il prob stay home hahah but ya i should be at 85 tomorrow the back to 100% on Wednesday soo ya

Absolutely man! Do what you love and it ain't work! I just can't stand doing the same thing every day

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Ya i feel you on that one i do enjoy doing other shit but some stuff i have no care to do id like doing drywall but not the tapeing lol and im not a big fan of doing tiles lol soooo

I never like working with a lot of guys. When your done with the job, you can say that you built it. Maybe not everything, but you know you did your part. Nothing better than realizing you built something with your own two hands. Enjoy the new job.

I never like working with a lot of guys. When your done with the job, you can say that you built it. Maybe not everything, but you know you did your part. Nothing better than realizing you built something with your own two hands. Enjoy the new job.

Ya dont get.me.wrong at times there were 5 guys on a site sometimes 2 guys when we doing back framing but he had so many guys and houses on the go it was really disorganized and i would end up sometimes not working because i was the.noob lol or id get moved around start at one house end up going to a next house lol oh well not anymore

TIA is our home, and so of course we care about each other. The only difference is, some have more knowledge in certain areas then in others is all. We all have our different fields of career's, but we all have something in common, we love tools. And more then the fact we love tools, we also love TIA! I gotta tell ya, I've been on other forums were people bash you, name call you, tear you down, hurt you, but none of that happens here.

At TIA, we are a family, and that is what sets us apart from other places. And I for one am really glad that you had a really good first day! I worked with a crew once to demo a house, it was a lot of work, and I was at a disadvantage because I was the new guy, but like you, I proved myself. I kept myself going as tiring as it got, as miserable as it was, I kept going. And the crew superviser noticed this.

I was only working with them for one day as they were a man short and needed a temporary replacement. I was told that the superviser wanted to bring me on full time. I said to my buddy at the time, no way, this is just too much work. Again the work was temporary so it was also temp pay as well, minimum wage. Why break your back for 8.00 dollars an hour, thats what minimum wage was at that time.

My dad taught me years ago he said, son, when I was working for the Intalco Refinery, it was about making good money to bring home the bacon, I couldn't afford to NOT go to work because I had a cold. You gotta go to work he said, and the only way you would catch me not working is if I had a full blown flu where I couldn't get out of bed.

If the demo crew had asked me to sign up for perminant duty making the standard pay of 13.50 an hour, I would have said yes, especially since I knew that there was room for advancement up to superviser in 3 years making 16 per hour. But in the end I decided that small engines would be more my speed and pace.

Ya your dads a smart man being sick dont pay the bills and ya im starting off with this new crew at 19 an hour i was making 18 at the last crew.so im happy but ya T.I.A all F'ing day

Right on TO, good to hear. Always nice to find a new place where things gel. I made a change earlier in the year and it's worked out well. Today was a 14 hour day, half in the office organizing and planning things for my crews, and the back half in the field taking care of some work so they could rest up. They're in the field all day, every day, and I count on them, so I know how important the rest is. It's also important for me to show them I can lead by example haha. When you find a place that treats you right and keeps things interesting, even though you're pouring sweat, it doesn't really feel like work. Congrats again TO, steps like this are in the right direction, and help make life easier for what really matters; the family that counts on you.

• Like 1